Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2023, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

By the way Moogerfooger plugins have been AS AAX ready since they were released. Very cool!
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 04-20-2023, 11:49 AM

Wondering if the AMEK 250 will be native AAX anytime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-Recording Mixer/Sound Designer
Nova Scotia Canada

OS Ventura 13.0
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12
Mac Studio Max 32GB Ram

OS 10.8.5
Pro Tools HD Accel Version 10.3.8
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 32GB Ram
Old 04-20-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTools1963 View Post
Wondering if the AMEK 250 will be native AAX anytime soon?

don't count on anytime soon. Just read an instagram reply under a post of PA, and there's no timeframe. They're almost done with Ventura compatibility because they found a bug in Audio Unit plugins. Only thereafter comes AAX Silicon compatibility .... so I guess we better don't hold our breath
Old 04-20-2023, 02:17 PM

Ya. I need a similar plugin to it. Any suggestions. I am not a PA subscriber. I just got a deal on that plug and liked it.

Re-Recording Mixer/Sound Designer
Nova Scotia Canada

OS Ventura 13.0
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12
Mac Studio Max 32GB Ram

OS 10.8.5
Pro Tools HD Accel Version 10.3.8
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 32GB Ram
Old 04-21-2023, 01:51 PM

Acustica Green is an awesome version of GML's 8200 and AAX Apple Silicon Native. Scarlet their Sontec isnt AAX Apple Silicon Native yet.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:23 PM

Default Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
don't count on anytime soon. Just read an instagram reply under a post of PA, and there's no timeframe. They're almost done with Ventura compatibility because they found a bug in Audio Unit plugins. Only thereafter comes AAX Silicon compatibility .... so I guess we better don't hold our breath
Yep. Can't describe how frustrating it is to periodically launch "PA-Installation Manager" and hover over all my various plug-ins and read "macOS (x64,M1 excl.AAX) day after day... week after week.

I did write to them expressing my disappointment. Their reply: "Thank you for your feedback."

Last edited by James Steele; 04-22-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:35 AM

totally agree! this whole process has taught me a valuable lesson of not being overly reliant on one manufacturer or one particular plugin. Flexibility in approach was needed years ago when you'd turn upat different studios with different gear and desks and it's turned out this is like the modern day version of that. I thought I couldn't live without some of the PA stuff but I've surprised myself with the alternatives I've found.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:27 AM

For those having difficulty with XLN AAX Apple Silicon updates, just shoot them an email on the support section of the XLN website and they will override your update on XLN Online installer to the latest

Old 04-25-2023, 11:39 AM

Kush just announced that their beta program has begun. It's not technically "compatible" but considering the huge pool of Kush users, and the long delays prior to today, it's quite an announcement. Some (like me) will be installing these ASAP.

From what I see, only Blyss, Electra and Novatron have betas, but I suspect others will follow shortly.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:49 PM

Reading that, here's the content of their email:

Hello Kush Friends,
Time for an Apple Silicon support update! It's been a bit of a journey behind the scenes, but we've finally reached a tipping point in the process. Thanks to that, we're able to begin sharing our progress live via open-beta releases of Apple-Silicon compatible versions of our plugins!

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Plugins will enter the open beta pipeline as soon as we have them running stable/mostly-stable on our local systems. Anything meeting that criteria will be available for download — complete with a beta version number and list of known-issues — at thehouseofkush.com/open-beta
As reports come in for a given plugin, we will address all major issues, complete our own internal optimizations, and release any updated beta versions to the open beta page. That cycle will repeat until we're confident it will be a stable experience for all Mac OS users, at which point a plugin will graduate from open beta to full release.

This progress will be visible on the Open Beta page, as pictured here. Even if you don't wish to participate directly, you can still pop in from time to time to check the current progress.

WHEN WILL MY FAVORITE PLUGIN BE READY?

We're working on plugins in a combo-order of popularity and ease-of-completion. Some plugins require more time than others to complete, so if your favorite plugin isn't on the list yet it's probably because there's a bit more to the update than others already on the list. We'll get to everything eventually, though!

CAN I SAFELY USE THESE IN MY SESSIONS?

Short answer: Probably! They are still beta releases, so there's always room for something unexpected to happen. If you want to give these a go in any mission-critical DAW sessions, we strongly recommend making a duplicate before testing, just in case.

JOIN THE OPEN BETA NOW

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro