Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 11:30 PM

Default Apple PCI Extension

I just broke down and bought a new Dual Processor G4 running OS 9.2.2. I downloaded the Apple PCI Extension (multiprocessor fix) from the Digidesign website and dragged it into my system extensions folder. Do I now deselect this extension or do I leave it selected? This download replaces the multiprocessor extension that used to be in the Mac OS and you had to deselect that right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn
Old 02-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Apple PCI Extension

As it says on the download page:
"Installation Instructions:

To install this download, just drag it to the System Folder/Extensions folder and restart your computer."

Meaning it should be in your active extensions set. You do not have to disable the Multiprocessor extensions at all with this installed, allowing you to leave these enabled if you want to use other programs that are multi-processor capable.

Previously, you had to disable the multi-processor extensions with Pro Tools, this fix allows you to leave them enabled, or not, it doesn't matter.