How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Enlarge Quicktime Movies in ProTools

Hi, can anybody help me?

I am working professional in writing and producing music for films ( German Television ) I am always working with Quicktime movies in Pro Tools HD 2. Everything is working perfect - but - does anybody know how I can get the movie bigger on my 2nd Monitor? I tried and tired and once I had it but I cannot get back and remember how I did it!!! I have to do 5 Movies a week each 25 minutes. So there is no time to render this movies bigger. There should be a way to enlarge the movie in ProTools........

Thanx and have a nice inspired day!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Enlarge Quicktime Movies in ProTools

You need 7.2 to do this. Just grab and hold the edge of the movie-window and enlarge al gusto.

Pre 7.2: open movie in QTpro enlarge by draging bottom right corner of window. hit apple-s. Import movie to PT. Voila!

frank.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:23 AM

With one monitor, in Pro Tools, you can apple+option+ctrl+click the movie window to shrink it, ctrl+option+click to enlarge it.

With 2 monitors, it's a little more complicated, and you have to have Quicktime Pro. Open the Quicktime file from your session in Quicktime Player. Position the player on the 2nd monitor and stretch it out to almost fill the screen. Go to "File>Save As" and there should be 2 options there. A file that will be very big (Self-Contained), and a file that will be very small (Reference). Select the small reference file to save (make sure you remember what you named it and where you saved it).

In Pro Tools, simply import this new video file instead of the original, and you should be good to go.

If anybody has an easier way of doing this, I'd like to know please.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 10-20-2006, 04:17 AM

Danke Frank - perferkt! Is doch gleich ein ganz anderes arbeiten wenn man was sieht!

Thank you all fpr helping - got it!!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:25 AM

got to love the movie window resize in 7.2

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
With one monitor, in Pro Tools, you can apple+option+ctrl+click the movie window to shrink it, ctrl+option+click to enlarge it.....

......In Pro Tools, simply import this new video file instead of the original, and you should be good to go.

If anybody has an easier way of doing this, I'd like to know please.
In 7.2, import movie into PT, put movie on desired monitor, right click on movie, hit "Fit to Screen"
Old 11-03-2006, 06:25 PM

my experience has been that you don't have to do a 'save as' in quicktime pro...just resize, save, quit quicktime, reimport the movie. done.