Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Default All regions have gone!!!

Hello everybody,

today something weird happened just after a BTD.

BTD was OK, i saved the session and tried to close it but i got this message:

Could not complete the Close Session command
because Neo Assertion in
/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraries/
Macintosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../Source/
CNeoStreamable.cpp". line 2247.

I had to hard reset the computer because force quit did not close PT.
I restarted the system, trashed databases etc and opened the sesion again.

All the regions had dissapeared!!! Automation, plugins and midi data were there.

Has anyone expirienced this madness and survived to the heart collapse???

Thanx for reading.

P.D.:

PT 7.3.1 HD5 ACCEL, 192 I/O(2)+AD192(2), MIDI I/O, ProControl + Fader Pack
DIGIDESIGN 13 Slot Expansion Chassis
APPLE PowerPC G4 MDD DUAL 1.25 GHz / 2G DDR SDRAM MAC OS X 10.4.8
GLYPH SCSI 36G (3)
PPC G4 [email protected] 2G RAM / Mac OS X 10.4.8 / PT 7.3.1cs8 / 2 x 192 i/o + 2 192AD Expansions / MIDI i/o / Digidesign 13 slot Expansion Chasis PCI13R / Core + Accel + Accel + Process + Process / ProControl+Fader Pack
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM

Default Re: All regions have gone!!!

did you try opening up one of the session backups?

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 05-20-2008, 06:45 PM

No session backups are available, i had this option disengaged.
PPC G4 [email protected] 2G RAM / Mac OS X 10.4.8 / PT 7.3.1cs8 / 2 x 192 i/o + 2 192AD Expansions / MIDI i/o / Digidesign 13 slot Expansion Chasis PCI13R / Core + Accel + Accel + Process + Process / ProControl+Fader Pack
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM

sounds like you have a corrupt session, you can try starting a new session and importing session data from the old session to see if you can get all of your stuff back, but it's a long shot.

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Trash all DigiBase folders... use the Digi utility... as mentioned in the sticky troubleshoting thread - this should be the first thing you do if you have a neo-error

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
No session backups are available, i had this option disengaged.
Ouch... besides having that option engaged it is a good idea to do "save as" quite often. Session files take up little space, and it has saved by butt a few times, and gives a chronological reference if I need to take a big step back to fix a mix. Good luck. sb
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 AM

The funny thing is that all audio files are still inside the Audio files folder but they don´t show in the regions list.
I don´t use the session backup feature (which i should) because i backup the projects to another HD often (2-5 times daily).
So i imported the regions and audio files from this HD and the session is OK now although something weird has arised: two tracks show spikes which never had been there before, they are like digital clips or glitches. I can get rid of them with the pencil tool, but what really makes me sick is that you never know when or how these things happen.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
The funny thing is that all audio files are still inside the Audio files folder but they don´t show in the regions list.
I don´t use the session backup feature (which i should) because i backup the projects to another HD often (2-5 times daily).
So i imported the regions and audio files from this HD and the session is OK now although something weird has arised: two tracks show spikes which never had been there before, they are like digital clips or glitches. I can get rid of them with the pencil tool, but what really makes me sick is that you never know when or how these things happen.
Hi,

Sounds like you could have a hard drive problem starting. neo-errors are a sure sign that something can't be read or written from the drive or maybe ram.

The spikes in the audio are what would happen when the files being read or written are interrupted, could be a power surge or similar, or something starting to fail.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 AM

Thanx for all the answers.

Crizdee, do you mean i should change the RAM?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Avid

You should download and install the CS6 update, which fixes an issue that is very likely related to the problem you're having.