Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Default Error Message: Access Code Violation

Anybody getting "Access Code Violation" warnings that they could not OK out of and had to Force Quit? Had this 2X in the past 4 hours -- lost lots of edits. Use both Digi002R and 11Rack interfaces-- this occured while using the 11Rack. Not sure if that's the issue.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Error Message: Access Code Violation

Yup me too, using DIGI002R and it just started, happens when hide multiple tracks. Sometimes I just get "Access Code Violation" but I can continue, and sometimes I just get the rainbow "ball of death" and I have to force quit. I also just upgraded to DV Toolkit and added an Axiom Pro61. Anybody know what gives?
Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com
Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM

It's (in my case) the midi controller (Axiom Pro)

When I hide ALL the tracks or hide the only track I have "Show"ing (and have none left "show"ing) then I get "Access Violation" I'm assuming it's talking about the midi controller has nothing to "access"

When I disconnected the midi controller and toggled between "show/hide" I quit getting the error message.
Pro tools Current, Guinness Can MacPro 3.5GHZ 6-core, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo Quad, AxiomPro 61. Waves, Massey, NI Komplete, Spitfire, Vienna Strings, EastWest, Reason, Spectrasonics, wife, kids, dogs, cats, farm, soundlogicaudio.com
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Just started for me yesterday as well. Pro tools HD. just upgraded to 8.03 and Snow Leopard. 10.6.2 also just installed waves SSL TDM bundle. I'm also noticing a really strange thing. the common window in all of my plug ins has blank spaces?? The pulldown menu's still work but the menu titles are blankfile:///Users/ksirrah6/Desktop/plug%20in%20window.tiff. anyone else having this problem. also the drives in the workspace are blank as wellfile:///Users/ksirrah6/Desktop/workspace.tiff
Old 01-08-2010, 03:24 AM

Same here guys. Happens every time i try to click on a send, insert an instrument, create a new instrument track etc etc either access violation or an instant crash. My system is totally unusable and even nice Mr Brown at digi has yet to come back with a solution!
Does anyone have a functioning stable system in 8.0.3 running 10.6?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Avid

Just wanted to let everyone know we're looking into this and we'll post more info as it becomes available.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:18 PM

same here leopord 10.5.6 and pt8.0.3 and axiom pro 49
after upgrade to 8.0.3 got this error message .
system ran 100% before the upgrade.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Evergreen Audio Design Group

Hi,

I would like to help figure out what is going on with your system/sessions.

In Pro Tools 8.0.3, we added better and more robust logging to help track down problems like the one you are seeing. When Pro Tools crashes, some information about the crash is written out to a log file. The log files are kept in the "LogFiles" folder that is next to the Pro Tools application.

Here's what you need to do...

1) Reproduce the crash you are seeing.
2) Look in the LogFiles folder and find the latest log file. The file name ends with .dlog
3) Email this "dlog" file to [email protected]. Please include your DUC user name and the hyper-link to this DUC thread (http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=262158) so I can track which post this came from.

Please put my name in the subject line of the email.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 PM

I'm having the same issue on 10.6 8.0.3 with 11R. Assumed that was the reason for the hesitation with 8.0.3 and 11R, until I read it was about track embedding.

Will try and reproduce tomorrow morning and send log files. It was happening to me when I had a couple tracks grouped and went to playlist view. Things got corrupt and weird and crashed a couple times. Playlists that weren't visible.

PS - Pretty sweet that you joined this forum before the Internet existed Bob. A man before his time!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM

I have sent info about crashes and error messages to Bob......

Hope something happens......quick.