Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2024, 02:55 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

Writing has been on the wall for a long time already. High-end controllers will use EUCON and the legacy HUI works if it works, but gets no love. Even the wonderful DigiDesign ICON controllers are deprecated and will not work on ARM architecture natively.

Avid is not in a business of making everyone happy. Tough, but you need to accept it.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
This is absolutely pathetic behavior from Avid, but not sure why anyone would expect any less. Zero communication, in an instant broke the entire working paradigm for a ton of us who use either V-Control or Mulligan. Sad and just WRONG. Avid, you could EASILY just FIX the damn driver right?
They probably meant to do it when they killed the Command 8 protocol but forgot.

It is really bad news for Mulligan users. Doesn't V-Control just use HUI?
Old 03-13-2024, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
They probably meant to do it when they killed the Command 8 protocol but forgot.

It is really bad news for Mulligan users. Doesn't V-Control just use HUI?

V-Control also used M-audio protocol w HUi tho Neyrinck is working to separate the two.

I think the point that Avid is missing here is that it is not used “just” for two keyboards, but it was also used to get tactile control of plugins thru the plugin mapping feature. Both Mulligan and V-Control. Third party workarounds are necessary because Avid doesn’t otherwise offer this basic feature outside of overpriced Eucon controllers.

Avid should just buy and incorporate Mulligan into Pro Tools. I don’t know what to do as I really don’t want to go back to controlling plugins w a mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 03-13-2024, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
I think the point that Avid is missing here is that it is not used “just” for two keyboards, but it was also used to get tactile control of plugins thru the plugin mapping feature. Both Mulligan and V-Control. Third party workarounds are necessary because Avid doesn’t otherwise offer this basic feature outside of overpriced Eucon controllers.
That is the point though. That's what Avid support will tell anyone that asks. They want to sell Eucon controllers.

Sames as when they got rid of things like AlphaTrack and SAC2k control profiles.

I don't like it but that's where we're at. Especially with the private equity group....
Old 03-14-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Avid should just buy and incorporate Mulligan into Pro Tools. I don’t know what to do as I really don’t want to go back to controlling plugins w a mouse.
Hang on....you want Avid to buy back their own code? Why would they do that? I think you're angry with the wrong people.

As a EUCON user I fully understand Avid wanting to protect it, and am glad they are, after my investment!
Old 03-14-2024, 02:24 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
So right away, I'm having an issue with the "import settings" button in the IO setup. Importing io results in beachball, and requires a force quit. Have tried with several IO templates and this is the case for me all around. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?
audiogamble.... any results on this issue or do you need me to get a case going?

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 03-14-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
V-Control also used M-audio protocol w HUi tho Neyrinck is working to separate the two.

Maybe I'm missing something in your comments (or V-Control) but I have a C|24, V-Control Pro v 3.0.3.1, Pro Tools 2024.3/Sonoma 14.4, running on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro in Native mode and everything is working on my C|24. This elimination of the M-Audio protocols doesn't seem to affect it at all.

Admittedly, my primary machine is an Intel Mac Pro 5,1 running PT 2024.3/Monterey 12.7.4 where the C|24 is still supported natively in PT - no v-Control needed there. So that's where my daily experience is.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:59 PM

Marianna would make a good football coach or governor of New York.

In any scenario, the slogan still rings true:

Marianna...She'll support ya. :)

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 03-14-2024 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
audiogamble.... any results on this issue or do you need me to get a case going?

Marianna

Thanks for the follow up. Case is made and tope is on it.

Old 03-14-2024, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Hi Ben

I created a case for you on this so we can get to the bottom of it early next week. Case # 04769527

I also added myself to it so I can follow the issue - I did this for others as well.

Marianna
Any news on this???