Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Exclamation Weird happenings ilok.com, Waves ilok, Waves forum

Hi,

First of all i went to Ilok.com to download the Waves update for the CLA comps. got near the end of the process and got the error message "an unexpected error occurred, please try again" So i took the try again link and went through the process again and again, about 3 times! then i got the error message "an unexpected error has occurred, you will not be able to download or transfer licenses to this ilok until support have cleared the incomplete task"

Now the Ilok is no longer visible on ilok.com

Luckily i can still load my sessions with Waves plugins pheeew, i as bricking myself when i first loaded a session. And the new CLA comps seem to have loaded as well

Second bizarre thing of the day

I went to the Waves forum to make a post about the CLA comps and to say thanks as a Mercury owner. ALL my posts from the past 12 months+ have been removed and my account has been closed

I have never said anything detrimental about Waves and have only ever posted positive things and tried to help other Waves users, so why would my account be removed along with all my posts?? Especially when their forum is full of spam and i have emailed them to inform them of this spam posting!

Lets ban the good guy and leave all the spammers to help the Waves users

Was beginning to think the 2 instances were connected. have to wait and see what ilok say and Waves support say about my forum account being removed.

Back to the new CLA comps

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Weird happenings ilok.com, Waves ilok, Waves forum

Tell me about it....

I got the same weirdness and not my Waves iLok was rendered UNUSABLE....
At least until I was to undergo a "Recovery" which COULD NOT take place because some kind of STUPID iLok thing going on.

iLok technology is older than Bill Gates and the people at iLok are starting to mess with my mojo
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM

same thing with authorizing the CLA upgrade for mercury... finally worked on the 3rd try .. downloading a new client software did the trick for me.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer View Post
same thing with authorizing the CLA upgrade for mercury... finally worked on the 3rd try .. downloading a new client software did the trick for me.
After clicking through 30 some "iLok Communication Error Dialogs" I managed to do it with Firefox. Puhhhhhh.

Glad you posted about this Chris, I was getting violently aggressive here
Old 07-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
After clicking through 30 some "iLok Communication Error Dialogs" I managed to do it with Firefox. Puhhhhhh.

Glad you posted about this Chris, I was getting violently aggressive here
Well, glad i'm not alone! and it seems the 2 instances were not related!

Ilok emailed me say the ilok has been reset and to try again Oh no not b****y likely. as its working ok i'll leave it for now

Waves have been in touch and say they are not aware of any posts or users being removed from their forum and will call me to discuss this!

Anyway! back to work with my new Free Waves Comps

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 PM

Haven't been very happy with the PuigChild and the other so called vintage compressors from Waves. But this trio is filling me heart with warmth. Nice Job waves.........
Old 07-16-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
I went to the Waves forum to make a post about the CLA comps and to say thanks as a Mercury owner. ALL my posts from the past 12 months+ have been removed and my account has been closed

I have never said anything detrimental about Waves and have only ever posted positive things and tried to help other Waves users, so why would my account be removed along with all my posts?? Especially when their forum is full of spam and i have emailed them to inform them of this spam posting!

Lets ban the good guy and leave all the spammers to help the Waves users

Just an update! Waves support called me and assured me there was no specific reason why my account and all my posts have been removed. It was probably that they are slowly closing down the current forum as it is and are going to make it for registered users only from what i can gather!! so spammers and non-owning users can't fill the forums with garbage.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com