Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Avid 64-bit AAX Plug-ins for Pro Tools 11

be careful with the Soundtoys V4.3 version - it breaks PT compatibility. They're working a fix soon.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
**Eleven LE and Smack! LE Owners: The Native and HDX DSP AAX versions of Smack! and Eleven can be authorized by either the full (TDM) iLok license or the Native (LE) iLok license. The LE authorizations for these 2 plug-ins now unlock the full feature set of the AAX versions, the same as the full authorizations.
Is this official and here to stay or a temporary bug that could get fixed? It doesn't work for me by the way, PT10 says that there's no valid Eleven.dpm authorization (but it's still showing up in the plug-ins list and working!) and PT11 doesn't complain about authorization, but doesn't show Eleven in the plug-ins list.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
Is this official and here to stay or a temporary bug that could get fixed? It doesn't work for me by the way, PT10 says that there's no valid Eleven.dpm authorization (but it's still showing up in the plug-ins list and working!) and PT11 doesn't complain about authorization, but doesn't show Eleven in the plug-ins list.
This is official, and was planned to be that way.

Eleven.dpm is not the AAX version, it's the TDM version. That's why are seeing an authorization error. Eleven.aaxplugin is the only one you need to have installed. You would need to remove that .dpm version from your RTAS/TDM plug-ins folder.

Then if you haven't already done so, install the Eleven AAX version, and your Eleven or Eleven LE license will work for the AAX version in both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools 10. There's a link to the installer in the first post in this thread.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
This is official, and was planned to be that way.

Eleven.dpm is not the AAX version, it's the TDM version. That's why are seeing an authorization error. Eleven.aaxplugin is the only one you need to have installed. You would need to remove that .dpm version from your RTAS/TDM plug-ins folder.

Then if you haven't already done so, install the Eleven AAX version, and your Eleven or Eleven LE license will work for the AAX version in both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools 10. There's a link to the installer in the first post in this thread.
Thanks, I'll give that a try, and if that doesn't work I'll clean up my plug-ins database or even re-install Mac OS and Pro Tools. As for the authorization being official: it seems that not all of Avid's employees have gotten this information as this was a reply I got regarding the Eleven issue:

Quote:
Please install ELEVEN LE version, not a newer version since the authorization is for an Eleven LE.
But I wouldn't mind if support was wrong this time! ;-)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 AM

Stumbled across this Sweetwater link and thought it might be a bit useful here. They've added a separate search term for 64-bit-AAX:

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/is-...ax-compatible/

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Check out Plug'n Mix Talking Tone works great for tose weird sounds.
Thanks! I'll try it out next time I'm back in the chair.

From what little one can tell from an online description it looks like oodles of fun and I probably want it (especially at only fiddy bones) but it doesn't seem to do the one thing Cosmonaut Voice does so well -- simulate a bad radio transmission. It doesn't hurt that CV does it perfectly with zero setup to boot!

I'm sure a combination of EQ and distortion can be dialed in to create something similar, but it's more hassle and I can never get it quite "right."

I want Avid to port Cosmonaut Voice!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM

Is there a "slap delay II" AAX plugin for Protools 11? I am not able to find that. I need that for my Pro Tools 10 sessions when opening in Pro Tools 11.

Please help.

Thank you.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 PM

I just installed 11 and the Air Creative Collection.

Will my Tel Ray, Bomb Factory and other licenses (that came included with my PTLE 8 Music Production Tool Kit) work if I install AAX versions for PT11?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 AM

It's probably clear to most people (except me) but for anyone who just upgraded to 11, the plug-ins listed here are not included with Pro Tools 11.

I gleefully misunderstood this, thinking they were additional "free plug-ins" included with Pro Tools 11, but not on the installer disc.

They are simply AAX "updates" and free of charge to people who already own those plugins. A couple of them did carry over from my Music Production Toolkit, but the majority require licenses.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
It's probably clear to most people (except me) but for anyone who just upgraded to 11, the plug-ins listed here are not included with Pro Tools 11.

I gleefully misunderstood this, thinking they were additional "free plug-ins" included with Pro Tools 11, but not on the installer disc.

They are simply AAX "updates" and free of charge to people who already own those plugins. A couple of them did carry over from my Music Production Toolkit, but the majority require licenses.
Some are included, and some require separate authorization/purchase. The ones that are included have an asterisk* next to them on the list in the first post on this thread, and this below the list:

*Included with Pro Tools 11. For a list of the free Virtual instruments and audio content, Effects, Sound-Processing, and Utility Plug-ins included with Pro Tools 11, see the Pro Tools 11 Product Section > Tech Specs under Bundled AAX plug-ins.