Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Midi sync problems

Hi,
I'm using PT LE 6.4 with a MBOX and a Midisport 4x4 on a G4 1.25 GHz 512 MB Mac OS X. But now i have terrible midi timing when i use audio and midi tracks together. I have tried the midi pre delay option in the preferences menu. But when when i add or remove some audio tracks or plugins it is out of sync again.

On the internet i have seen the Digidesign Pro Tools MH 041 midi device. Does anyone know if this will solve my problem? Or does anyone have another less expensive idea to get my midi back in sync?
Thanks in advance for your possible answers.

Regards Bas,
Old 09-22-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Midi sync problems

the timing problem is a combination of midi, hardware, software, buffers and, sometimes, the weather. keep experimenting with the pre delay, use the zero-latency offered by the mbox, turning relevant knob towards input and muting the corresponding track on screen. be patient, it does work very well when set up correctly. all of your issues are covered very well in the pdf manual and here in the DUC, use search. good luck!

ps. no idea what that device is you saw on the internet.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Midi sync problems

At the websites below you can find the midi i/o device from digidesign

Midi I/O at the Digidesign website
Midi I/O at the Thomann.de website