Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: So let me get this straight!!

Hi Jon,

thanks for your reply, but what we are looking for, is a Unity on a MAC or V 10 on a MAC. Both is possible on PC.
So we had no choice in the TV business we have to go on PC´s. We´re also waitin for the functionallity of the Meridien Videocard, with the V 10. Does that ever happen with the V 10 on a MAC???

There is no Support with the Media Manager 4. So OMF or AAF is the only way. If we go back in time, about 10 or 12 we can go from Media Composer to Audiovision in a second. No AAF or OMF needed.

my 2 cents

Jochen
Old 02-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Pro Control Dead? geez... I'm still happy with the Control 24!

-Dallas

DALLAS TAYLOR CAS/MPSE
/// Sound Designer/Mixer @ Defacto \\\ Twitter Facebook
Old 02-16-2005, 04:22 AM

Quote:
After years of working on many different DAW's I am new to PT and have to get some things straight.
The company I work for can buy an expensive Pro Tools system with AVOptionXL, a Pro Control, a fully blown out MAC, and within about a year find out that not only can we not move past versions 6.2.3 but the $10,000 AVoptionXL is being phased out for the V10 (adrenaline is so much more than audio folks need) or the crapy MoJo, the Pro Control is dead due to the new ICON (or Icon Jr.), and Digi is slowly making it obvious that their relationship with MAC (or visa-versa) is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Can this really be the industry standard for post work?
I couldn't have it said better ! I work for a post company on a PT rig using AVoption XL on OS9.
Clients come in saying something like "not upgraded yet ?" which brings me to explain that there is no possibility to upgrade with this particular hardware/software. When I go to my boss to tell him about this he asks me how much it would cost to upgrade the system I tell him: throw away the (4 year old) AVoptionXL then buy a new G5, a Mojo, a Pro Tools HD , new Interfaces and a Sync I/O.
Of course he won't do it and I understand that.
Quote:
an overall feeling of being left out in the cold
just as Fletch said.

Quote:
If we go back in time, about 10 or 12 we can go from Media Composer to Audiovision in a second. No AAF or OMF needed.

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
steppenwolf