Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM

Default does m-powered come with a bunch of trial plug ins?

I Just got m-powered and I notice a lot of my plug ins have a synth jingle playing when I activate it and it plays every minute like its a trial. This is my first time dealing with an Ilok so I don't know if I"m doing something wrong. Whats wierd to me is that it even does this for my free plug ins like pluggo, when I load the same pluggo plug-in into logic it doesn't do this, so I don't understand why pro tools won't let me use a free plug-in.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Re: does m-powered come with a bunch of trial plug ins?

toss the pluggo plugins the suck and make it hard to find ones that you really want. i found that they are nothing but trouble...

but what i found is on the install dvd there are installers for a bunch of other plugins that are not free...

i dont think they are demos either.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:13 PM

thanks for the reply, yeh I don't use pluggo but it was free and got installed in pro tools when I ran it the first time I guess. I installed one of the plug-ins from the dvd and it asked for authorization when I launched pro tools and I think it said it was a demo. I will try again, if not I will just call digi tomorrow and see whats up
Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM

M-powered comes with a bunch of both - free as well as auth required (purchase separate licenses) plug-ins.

Examples of the Free are Xpand! (stereo plug-in), the 1-band, 3-band
eq's (mono plugins), some reverbs, delays etc.

The separate purchase stuff includes plug-ins from Focusrite, Joe Meek, Bombfactory etc.

When I first installed PT, I installed all the plug-ins, free and not. Then got a bunch of irritating auth dialogs everytime I started up for EACH plug-in that was not free. Ended up deleting the files for those plug-ins from I believe a plug-ins folder while drilling down the Digidesign folder and was running ok from then on without the auth dialogs.
ProjectMix I/O Version 1.3.2 Driver 1.8.4 Build 3
OWC Elite-AL (on FW400 as is PMIX)
Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Avid

You can find info on uninstalling demo plug-ins in the General Troubleshooting thread.

And, yes, all Pro Tools installer DVD's come with additional installers for demo plug-ins.