Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 Update

Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 Update

The Pro Tools 6.4cs9 software updates are now available for download from the Pro Tools CS Updates index page:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/

Linked at the top of the Support->Downloads section under Featured Downloads.

This update is recommended for all Pro Tools LE 6.4 users.

In addition to including all previous fixes from 6.4cs1 through cs7, (except for the separate cs6 Plug-Ins update) the Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 release adds these fixes:

Fixed: Intermittent Pops or Incorrect Audio when Playing a Session (Item #54406)
  • When playing a session, occasional pops or random audio can be heard. The problem could be exacerbated by using a high Hardware Buffer setting.
Fixed: Potential Crash when Opening Sessions Containing Assigned MIDI Inputs or Outputs (Items #52092, 54498)
  • A crash occurs when opening some sessions with saved MIDI sources or destinations.
Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 for Windows XP also adds the following:

Fixed: Opening a Session on a Digi 002 on a Windows XP SP2 System Results in a Blue Screen (Item #54466)
  • We are making this fix available to our Digi 002 and 002 Rack customers who wish to use SP2 prior to completion of Digidesign’s qualification of this new OS version. While we do not anticipate problems, we have not completed our in-depth testing of SP2 with Pro Tools, so it is not officially qualified or listed as such on our compatibility documents at this time.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 Update

i am running 6.1.1 on a new gateway machine, which i believe came with sp2 already installed. the error message telling me to increase the hardware buffer size always comes up during recording or playback. i have tweaked the settings to the best of my abilities. is there any way to rollback to sp1 on a machine with sp2 already installed?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:06 AM

Digidesign,

Does the cs9 update fix the 'dual greyed-out low-latency monitoring' issue in 6.4? Tech support didn't know and I can't seem to get an answer for this issue.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:09 PM

Quote:
i am running 6.1.1 on a new gateway machine, which i believe came with sp2 already installed. the error message telling me to increase the hardware buffer size always comes up during recording or playback. i have tweaked the settings to the best of my abilities. is there any way to rollback to sp1 on a machine with sp2 already installed?
i have the same problem. just got a new system, SP2 preinstalled and i keep on getting that 6068 (i think)message to increase buffersize. can't do anything for over a minute. kinda frustrating. don't want to go back to cubase..

i'll see if maybe this update helps and i'll let you know. but i doubt it.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
i have the same problem. just got a new system, SP2 preinstalled and i keep on getting that 6068 (i think)message to increase buffersize. can't do anything for over a minute. kinda frustrating. don't want to go back to cubase..

i'll see if maybe this update helps and i'll let you know. but i doubt it.
yeah please let us know if it works, because i almost bought a laptop today but then i got
scared because SP2 came preinstalled, but if ur's works i think i'll take the chance
and get it tommorow because it's the last day to buy it for the rebate to be good
Old 10-29-2004, 04:14 PM

hey, i read some of the other posts here and somebody suggested that his video+audio cards were not compatible. and he had same soundcard as me (audigy), so when i disable the driver for the soundcard, i can kind of work although the error message does come back to haunt me, but with less frequency.

so far no other problems, but i haven't really done anything special yet, just 4 track stuff to test. i'm gonna try and demo a few things tonight with a friend and i'll post here if there's any other problems apart from the buffer thinc, which looks like a driver compatibility issue.. maybe some sp2 involved. who knows.

all i have to say is, i should have gotten a mac.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:36 PM

I've purchased approved machine components and have freshly installed Windows XP. Unfortunately, since I just bought the OS, it came with SP2 automatically. I've installed 6.4cs9, but I still get the Blue Screen of Death telling me that I've attempted to "execute non-executable memory". Any tips AT ALL?? Can I roll back to SP1 even though the disk came as SP2? HELP!!

thanks, all...
dopplah
Old 10-30-2004, 01:09 PM

i'm in the same position as you. as far as i know there's no way to roll it back. all we're left to is piracy, but i don't feel like getting a weird Win XP and reinstalling everything.

i think it's time DIGIDESIGN get their heads out of their... and give us a product that will work with SP2. it's only logical. it's not like SP2 is this brand brand new technology, it's been around for a while. so fix the problem or stop selling stuff telling us it will work on pcs. just write it on the box MAC ONLY.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:07 PM

I'm very concerned about PT 6.7, because NOWHERE does it say that it fixes the SP2 compatability issue....

..and don't tell me that such info usually isn't written out in the press pages and What's New docs, coz everytime a 6.x release comes out for Mac, they make it very, very clear that it allows PT to now work w/ Jaguar, and with Panther. ..not only that, they make sure, down to the -.-.X, which version exactly that it's compatible w/. SP2 is certainly AT LEAST as significant as a -.-.X upgrade on the Mac, and I would argue it's more like a -.X equivalent.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:00 PM

The Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 Update has been working for me so far. I am curious however, where was Digidesign when Windows was sending out beta versions of SP2? Did no one at Digidesign try to test SP2 with Protools? Did testing finally start when users complained that there were problems after SP2 shipped? This is not a very proactive approach. If Digidesign did in fact start testing earlier, then I retract my comments but we did not hear anything before.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1