Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 09:09 PM

Default DIGI 001 (XP) MISSING IN SOUNDFORGE & WAVELAB ETC.

Is anyone having this problem? Previously, the Digi 001 was showing in the following:

1. In the Multimedia Section under Control Panel when you click the Audio Tab together with any other Soundcard you have installed.

2. Also it shows up in my Wavelab and Soundforge's (Wave Tabs) configuration which allows you to choose which Audio Card to use in a particular program.

Now I cannot even listen to music thru the Digi 001 using either Windows Media Player or Winamp unless I switch to my Soundblaster Audigy which I have connected to the Digi 001 Input 3-4.

But in the previous version, I was using before switching to the new XP Update, everything was fine.

This means that if before you were using Digi 001 in any other program for editing or mastering such Wavelab or Soundforge etc. then you are locked out.

I did see the Digi 001 drivers in my SONAR but not in either Wavelab or Soundforge.

What's going on, DIGI?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Steve. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2002, 09:28 PM

Default Re: DIGI 001 (XP) MISSING IN SOUNDFORGE & WAVELAB ETC.

did you install the wavedriver?
Old 07-10-2002, 08:34 PM

Yes I did install the full program and what I mean is, the New XP doesn't give you the option whether or nor not to install the WAVE DRIVERS. Is there another way?

I tried and went into the Digi 001 folder under Program Files but couldn't install from there the wave drivers by itself.

I need help. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2002, 09:00 PM

it sounds like you didn't install the wave driver. The installation process is a little bit different from winme/win98. Did you read the installation notes? You have to install the wave driver SEPERATELY....AFTER the protools software is installed. Without installing the wave driver, device manager still shows the digi 001 installed, but it will only work in protools.

go to the downloads page, download the wav driver (it's like 800k or something) and make sure to follow the directions...it's tricky if you don't.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by executivos:
it sounds like you didn't install the wave driver. The installation process is a little bit different from winme/win98. Did you read the installation notes? You have to install the wave driver SEPERATELY....AFTER the protools software is installed. Without installing the wave driver, device manager still shows the digi 001 installed, but it will only work in protools.

go to the downloads page, download the wav driver (it's like 800k or something) and make sure to follow the directions...it's tricky if you don't.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks, I have followed your directives and it seems like its going to work. At first I thought it was just like the previous version. I didn't have to separately install the Wave Driver and because I was so anxious to see how the new XP Update works, I did not went thru to see this time you have to install the wave drivers by itself.

Thanks guys.

Steve. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]