Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 AM

Default Best combination of Artist control hardware.

I am looking into getting the Artist Mix hardware and am not sure whether the Artist control or the Artist transport is the better companion. Any help, Much appreciated.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Best combination of Artist control hardware.

I have one of each, which is overkill.

I don't like the Control's touchscreen soft keys, but do like the labels and the hardware buttons. The surround panner is desperately overdue for a complete rewrite. It is a joke. It's the first unit I bought and I am happy overall with it.

I added the Mix unit and have no problems with it's straightforward approach. If it had a few soft keys it would be all I need.

As an impulse I picked up the Transport unit. This one seems to be the best made of the three. It is much nicer than the transport section of the Control unit. The beauty of the Transport is that all the keys are actually soft keys. So you can define the number keys on the keypad to fire off Eucon commands, which with PT10 is a fairly extensive set of commands.

So I would get the Mixer and the Transport. The Control is better for soft keys in that the keys are labelled, but that comes at a price in $.

Just my 2¢.

Doug
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Best combination of Artist control hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoundsabar View Post
I don't like the Control's touchscreen soft keys, but do like the labels and the hardware buttons.
you can press the Control's touchscreen soft keys with a tablet stylus. that speeds up things when you use a wacom next to it..