Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2024, 10:18 PM

Default What new plans have Avid got? - All products are End of Line (at present)

Does anyone know when products pass their 'End of Line' (Final Sale) dates? or has every single product passed it?
I've checked the Avid list, but may be I misunderstood something?

Any announcements in the works?

What have STG/Avid got in mind?

What new plans have Avid got since STG purchase?

Thanks

Last edited by Electronic1982; 02-28-2024 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:30 PM

Default Re: What new plans have Avid got? - All products are End of Line (at present)

Not quite every single product. Maybe check that list again?

Last edited by its2loud; 02-27-2024 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:32 PM

Default Re: What new plans have Avid got? - All products are End of Line (at present)

What?

Every hardware product, well except the MTRX II, MTRX Studio, Carbon, Carbon Pre, Mbox Studio, S1, Dock, S4, S6, Sync X, HDX, Venue S6L, all the Nexus and MediaCentral hardware...

Now I might have concerns spending money on Avid hardware without seeing any guidance from Avid/STG on hardware directions but lets at least start the discussion from a place of reality. And I sure hope Avid/STG are out giving roadmap guidance to their large customers. I have much lower roadmap concern about anything made by DAD/NTP and badged by Avid. For some other lower-end products that have never received updates and Avid is painfully quiet about here on DUC I'd hope folks would use that info to make their own decisions.

And I'd sure argue that the end of life list is fairly useless/meaningless.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-26-2024 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:58 AM

Yes you have it wrong

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-27-2024, 09:05 PM

Thanks, I persisted a little in my original post when asking the questions, but thanks for the help, I was really tired when I asked the questions.

Last edited by Electronic1982; 02-28-2024 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:22 PM

This is beyond stupid. Three people telling you you are wrong and you persist.

How can I make it clearer? You are reading a list that is a list of past products and you are somehow surprised there are no current products on it. Avid does not proactively put current products on that list. (Just one of the many reasons it's fairly useless).

I gave you a list of some current products, none of which are on the list you are looking at because, wait for it... they are current products.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
This is beyond stupid.
Darryl encapsulated it right here.
Nothing more needs to be said. You are being intentionally obtuse if you are ignoring products not on the list (which there are plenty)
Additionally, now that Avid is private, it has less motivation to announce future plans.

You were corrected. And now you are playing (or are) dumb.
"Looking to make an investment" -- tell me you are living in your mom's basement. If you earned a living from this, you wouldn't say such dumb things. And you would know where to proceed.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:20 PM

We all have those days, make tired posts, etc.

If you are looking for an interface maybe the most productive thing you can do here is describe your needs, what connections, features like monitor control, hardware mixing/monitoring, etc. you want and your budget and folks can suggest options for you. Which may not necessarily be from Avid. Especially in the low-mid range there are so many nice third party products out there.