How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2012, 07:29 AM

Default Strike - Newbie Question - Exporting Midi

Hi All,

I'm brand new to Strike and i have exhausted my searching ability looking for a tutorial to help me with a basic question.

I have created 2 tracks in PT10. One Midi track and one Aux (stereo) track. On the Aux channel i inserted Strike thru the multichannel plug-in option. On the midi channel I/O i selected Strike on Channel 1.

In the browser i double clicked the "Blues" sample and played a few seconds of verse. I then hit the red stop button on the midi controller.

The problem is that when i click on midi-export and try to drag and drop into the edit window, nothing happens.

Im sure I'm missing something that should be obvious. Can someone help point me in the right direction or let me know where i can find a good tutorial?

Thanks
Mark
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Strike - Newbie Question - Exporting Midi

Quote:
Originally Posted by modonnell43 View Post
Hi All,

I'm brand new to Strike and i have exhausted my searching ability looking for a tutorial to help me with a basic question.

Can someone help point me in the right direction or let me know where i can find a good tutorial?

Thanks
Mark
Hello Mark,

There are many areas of Strike that would be very beneficial for you to know about if you want to get the most out of Strike.

My recommendation would be to join the "Pro Tools Expert Blog" if you are not already a member (http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/), as they are a definitive source for everything Pro Tools or Pro Tools related.

You will find very good Strike tutorials on this site.

You may also want to check out Groove3 (http://www.groove3.com/str/home.php?home.php).

This site has a DVD tutorial for Strike taught by the founder of the PT Blog Russ Hughes. IMHO it is the best Strike tutorial I have every come across.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM

Thank you!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 AM

For this specific issue, the basic steps are this.

#1: Double click the "Preset Setting" patch you want. In this case, the Blues one you like. I tried "Blues 070".

#2: Make sure the yellow "Latch" light is on. It's the brighter of the two yellow graphics that looks like a little light.

#3: Click the red light in "EXP. MIDI". This arms thr process.

#4: Click the blue key of the pattern that you wish to get the MIDI from.

#5: After however many bars you want, click the red stop key.

#6: The "EXP. MIDI" red light should now be in a non-flashing mode.

#7: Click and drag that "EXP. MIDI" image/button over to a MIDI track.

My guess is that the step #3 was not done?

Good luck! I hope this helps.