Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Default Strike trouble (exporting MIDI performance) please HELP!

Here's my situation. I can open up Strike and choose the rhythms and all that - my problem comes when I am exporting to MIDI. I think I'm doing it right. To start a new "Performance," I hit the stop button - then I begin with an intro - then some other hodge podge (verse, chorus, bridge, fills, etc). When I am finished (with outro), I then push the red "stop" button again. Then I go to the export MIDI button and drag it to my pro tool sessions. But what appears there (and what plays there) is not what I just "performed." Can someone please tell me (step by step) how to troubleshoot this. OH yeah: One more thing. I know there's supposed to be a dialogue box that opens after I do the "export midi" thing - but no such box opens up. There is no prompt...nothing to hit "okay" on. But it does move drum audio to the track (from a previous Performance?)...How do I make sure I am starting and exporting the Performance I want. Thank you so much to anyone willing to respond!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Strike trouble (exporting MIDI performance) please HELP!

Are you able to export a small phrase, like, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Stop, Export? Does the Import MIDI Option display?

I don't know about others, some have claimed Strike's MIDI Exporting option works, I myself believe this to be a bug and like you, I too have issues with exported performances that weren't programmed.

Submit one of these Bug Report Form

filosofem
Old 08-21-2008, 12:54 AM

when you drag the "export midi" button into the timeline, be sure to drag it into a blank portion of the timeline. That is, not onto a pre-existing track. I find that whenever I drag it onto the instrument track on which I've inserted Strike, no dialog box appears, midi data does appear, but it plays chorus A and little else. Dragging into a blank area brings up the dialog box. After you click OK in the dialog box a group of new midi tracks will be created, each corresponding to one of the instruments Strike has been using. You must then assign the outputs of each of these tracks to a Strike channel. The correct channel will be in the name of the new tracks. They usually start with the kick drum on Strike channel 3 and the snare on 4.