Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Problem with Access Virus Indigo & PT 7

I downloaded the 7.0 version of Virus Indigo, and now something strange is happening. I can instantiate the V40 versions only. If I try to open a 'normal' Indigo the system hangs and I have to force quit ProTools. Any ideas ?
Also does anyone know if Soundtoys TimeBlender/PitchBlender are PT7 compatible ?
And what about UltimateSoundBank Plugsound series ?
Thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Problem with Access Virus Indigo & PT 7

anyone ???
Old 12-06-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
I downloaded the 7.0 version of Virus Indigo, and now something strange is happening. I can instantiate the V40 versions only. If I try to open a 'normal' Indigo the system hangs and I have to force quit ProTools. Any ideas ?
Also does anyone know if Soundtoys TimeBlender/PitchBlender are PT7 compatible ?
And what about UltimateSoundBank Plugsound series ?
Thanks
Hi,

Indigo is working fine here, i suggest trashing indigo from the plugs folder and re-installing, also download the installer again incase it was corrupted!!

Timeblender and pitchblender are working fine.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:01 AM

I tried to trash and reinstall Virus Indigo (re-downloaded Virus Indigo 7 installer), same problem. Time Blender & Pitch Blender (UltraTools installer version 2.4.5 which install version 1.5.4 of the two plugins) returns me a DAE -7058 Error...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I tried to trash and reinstall Virus Indigo (re-downloaded Virus Indigo 7 installer), same problem. Time Blender & Pitch Blender (UltraTools installer version 2.4.5 which install version 1.5.4 of the two plugins) returns me a DAE -7058 Error...
Hi,

Do you have enough ram? how heavy is the CPU usage? do you have the latest pace drivers?

sounds like a re-install of PT! trash all the prefs as reccommended in the troubleshooting thread! and try the "safe" un-install option first and then re-install PT and your plugins. If this fails try the "clean" un-install option.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:52 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Do you have enough ram? how heavy is the CPU usage? do you have the latest pace drivers?

sounds like a re-install of PT! trash all the prefs as reccommended in the troubleshooting thread! and try the "safe" un-install option first and then re-install PT and your plugins. If this fails try the "clean" un-install option.

Chris
Chris, I have 4.5G RAM on a Dual 2.5G, I have the latest pace drivers (downloaded directly from the Pace site, ilok support bundle version 5.3.2). I've tried the preferences trashing and disk permissions repairing, same as before. I tried the 'safe' uninstall, same as before. I suspect I won't have better results with a 'clean' uninstall. It must be something different...
Old 12-07-2005, 08:19 AM

Hi,

Clean install is the only option now! this really is necessary to totally remove ALL Digi files and start again. also be sure to trash the plugins folder for a clean creation of all the plugs.

Its not quite as painfull as it sounds! be sure to trash all prefs again before re-installing etc.

My settup isn't too different from yours and both indigo and pitch/timeblender are working fine!? below are my settings...

HW buffer 512 sometimes 256 when programming
2 processors 85%
3 DSP 96 voices
DAE level 4

Long ADC

This is what answer base had to say...

7058 when a user attempts to instantiate an audiosuite or RTAS version of Channelstrip, or "Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins because they are missing, DAE ran low on memory, etc." when opening a session with Channelstrip instantiated in Pro Tools 5.0.1.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 12-08-2005, 12:37 AM

Hey Chris, just to make sure about installers and installed plugins versions, here's what I used:
- Access Indigo installer (AccessIndigo7_21532.dmg, downloaded from Digi site), which opens in the 'Install Access Music Indigo' version 8.2, which installs the plugin 'Access Music Indigo.dpm' version 7.0
- SoundToys UltraTools|HD OSX 2.4.5 (downloaded from SoundToys site) version 8.4 which installs (in a 'SoundToys' folder within the plugins folder) 'PitchBlender|HD 1.5.4' and 'TimeBlender|HD 1.5.4'
Are these the same that you have ? Thanks !
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 AM

Hi Steve, Yes same version! the latest and greatest from both access and soundtoys, and soundtoys has its own folder inside the plugins folder, same as you!!

Clean un-install of PT and reinstall is the only option to be sure you have all the right stuff in the right places! It does seem strange if other plugins are working ok? and only these two are giving you problems! But i can guarantee you there are plenty of users with both these plugs working ok. Both indigo and pitch/timeblender are both TDM!? so only thing i can suggest is looking at your DSP-voices etc! try more DSP for less voices? 4 DSP 96 voices, if you haven't allready tried this!? But fresh install should fix, if it does not fix, then it sounds like you have some anomoly with your system!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com