Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 PM

Default Is there a way to sync the Midi Editor and the Edit Window

Is there a way to sync the Midi Editor and the Edit Window(Audio) where they move together?

Case in point, if I’m not playing with a click and my keyboard playing sucks…which it does and I want to edit the midi by eyeing it(and listening of course) to match the audio regions….is there an easy way to do this, a way to lock the two.
As it is now…I have to rig the two windows to be near each other…move the midi file around and go back and forth zooming the audio & midi and on & on.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to sync the Midi Editor and the Edit Window

Just in case my description sucked, I'm not trying to get the midi to lock to audio...just visually be able to follow the midi edit window & the audio edit window together...synced
Old 02-21-2015, 04:28 PM

Upper right hand corner of the midi edit window--look for the triangle.

Drop-down menu has a sub-menu "scrolling", one option is "follow edit window"

Maybe a little tricky if they're not set to the same zoom amount, I can't remember. But you'll get a feel for it.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:52 PM

I would change the midi/instrument track to 'note' view in the edit window and make the track size as big as you need. Also zoom in on the midi notes (near the regular zoom buttons at the top of the edit window) so you can see the notes better. You can follow along right below the audio track.

There is also a way to view the midi window split at the bottom of the edit window but I find doing right on the track much better.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashville View Post
Upper right hand corner of the midi edit window--look for the triangle.

Drop-down menu has a sub-menu "scrolling", one option is "follow edit window"

Maybe a little tricky if they're not set to the same zoom amount, I can't remember. But you'll get a feel for it.
Hey thanks, that's a good thing to know. Appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
I would change the midi/instrument track to 'note' view in the edit window and make the track size as big as you need. Also zoom in on the midi notes (near the regular zoom buttons at the top of the edit window) so you can see the notes better. You can follow along right below the audio track.

There is also a way to view the midi window split at the bottom of the edit window but I find doing right on the track much better.
Oh man...what a moron, that's exactly what I've been wondering WTF I couldn't do it. That was the missing link..THANK YOU!