Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Default Control 24 - Ghostly Fader Moves

I bought a used old Control 24, which had the power supply replaced shortly before i bought it.
Worked fine for a couple of months but now once and a while it is freaking out like a maniac...
It starts with one fader moving then another one and very soon all faders go all crazy up and down, all LED´s are flashing and it is acting that it will prepare for a big crescendo until finally exploding into pieces. Fortunately I switch off the power just before the big bang of fire.

After switching on the power again, it is calm as a sleeping baby, for a couple of days. Until going mad again !

Anyone else with this spooky behaviour ?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 AM

I have had all kinds of similar problems. Last week I opened the powersupply section up (rear left) and noticed that 3 White plastic connectors (moles connectors) had popped off the circuit board. Clipped them back on and touch wood its been behaving. I'd take a look at that
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Control 24 - Ghostly Fader Moves

Thanks a lot. Will check the connectors. I didn´t even think of looking on the rear side...Read everywhere that you have to send the unit to AVID for repair, not even your local service guy...but to me it looks like a ordinary backplate with ordinary screws, will look behind the plate tomorrow
Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 AM

Yes there's loads of screws to get into the back. I read somewhere on here that if you have major probs the company who made the powersupplies can fix them cheaply. I believe they're called skynet. Hope that helps