Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM

Default Mbox2 with Snow Leopard

Hi,

I'm sure this is a very easy question for anyone who knows digidesign products decently well. However, I'm completely unexperienced and have no idea.

I just purchased a month old second-hand Mbox2. It came with protools 7.4 and I am using a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard (Mac OSX 10.6.1). There is currently no Snow Leopard supported version of pro tools out. Can I still upgrade to it after a supported version is released?

Basically, can I install 7.4, upgrade to a snow leopard supported version when it comes out, and continue using my mbox2? I'm a newbie, what should I do!?

Thanks! Any input is greatly appreciated.

Liam
Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Mbox2 with Snow Leopard

you need to upgrade to v8 then download the 8.0.3pr (Snow Leopard prerelease)
7.4 does nothing for you

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Thanks!

I tried upgrading to 8.0 from 7.4 after registering my product and creating a profile but I don't understand how I get the free download. Nothing comes up on my account and after researching more I found a page saying I'll get an email from a digidesign employee within TWO WEEKS for information on how to get my free upgrade. I don't want to wait up to two weeks. Is this normal? How should I go about this?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 PM

Dude, I'm having the same problem and I can't find an answer anywhere!! I just bought a brand new Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard for $1,500 so that I could run pro tools with ease and I can't even install the b@tch! I had previously used PT 8 on my PC. So, I tried to download the zip file (PT8 installer upgrade) that I had put on my hard drive from my PC and realized it won't even open on a mac... So anyways, long story short it took me about 3 days to find out where to download the PT8 upgrade for Mac. But now, guess what, it doesn't work! It took a good day to download the file and then install, restarted the comp., double-clicked on the pro tools icon and nothing happens.... So come to find out, neither pro tools 7.4 or 8 works with Snow Leopard apparently, what are we supposed to do now???

Oh, but to answer your question, go to "My Digi" page, if you have one, which you probably do and then click access acount or something like that and it takes you to this other page avid.com or something and click on "My Products" and it should show you a list of the protools installer files for Mac and PC, and all the plug-ins and registration codes for them. But, i don't know, apparently none of that will do you any good because pro tools won't work on your computer if you have snow leopard...
That's really awesome isn't it??!! That really puts a lot of joy in my day!! I tell you, I can't stand this tangled web of technology and confusion any longer, I hate computers so much. If it's not one thing, it's another. I wanna learn how to record in ANALOG dammitt!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Try this link.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...8&itemid=38671

It's off the Digidesign homepage.

claxpro.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:26 AM

Hey,

Right now I'm using an Mbox 2 on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.5.8 with Pro Tools 8.03pr and have NO problems, so I'm assuming it would work for Snow, since this pre release is dedicated for Snow users Hope that helps?