Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2023, 03:45 AM

Default Re: When will AVID ever solve all ADC related problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post

The bug just needs to be fixed.
It's not a bug, it's by design. He told you earlier:

"Master fader tracks aren’t delay comp’d by design (as end points)"

The way it worked before, was not logical. Now it is.

cMP 2 x 3,46, 128GB Ram
Monterey 12.7.4
Metric Halo 3d 2882 I/O
Lucid 88192 with Blue Sky 5.1 monitoring
10gbE ethernet with True Nas storage
Old 11-20-2023, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatee View Post
It's not a bug, it's by design. He told you earlier:

"Master fader tracks aren’t delay comp’d by design (as end points)"

The way it worked before, was not logical. Now it is.
It’s by design that the audio on offline bounced track are not in sync but real time recorded tracks are? I think not.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:06 AM

For me, PT is rapidly becoming untenable as a professional tool and, for software that is perpetually unusable, far too expensive. I have been using various DAWs for over 20 years, and I have NEVER encountered a product which is not only overpriced, but a perpetual construction site. I realise that complex configurations and ever shorter OS development cycles brings challenges, but I am not bound to the standards of large companies doing music, film etc. so I think the moment is rapidly approaching to leave the Avid ecosystem. We have invested a very serious amount of money in Avid products, which perform at a very high level when they actually work. But the downtime has reached critical mass, and we do not feel that Avid is capable of supporting us reliably. We have already begun the migration to other DAWS but this will probably take some time. I am extremely dissapointed that the problems with PT have essentially never stopped, and that Avid still somehow feels it is ok to charge substantial amounts of money for services and products that are not adequate for our needs.
Old 11-23-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_NOOB_CH View Post
For me, PT is rapidly becoming untenable as a professional tool and, for software that is perpetually unusable, far too expensive. I have been using various DAWs for over 20 years, and I have NEVER encountered a product which is not only overpriced, but a perpetual construction site. I realise that complex configurations and ever shorter OS development cycles brings challenges, but I am not bound to the standards of large companies doing music, film etc. so I think the moment is rapidly approaching to leave the Avid ecosystem. We have invested a very serious amount of money in Avid products, which perform at a very high level when they actually work. But the downtime has reached critical mass, and we do not feel that Avid is capable of supporting us reliably. We have already begun the migration to other DAWS but this will probably take some time. I am extremely dissapointed that the problems with PT have essentially never stopped, and that Avid still somehow feels it is ok to charge substantial amounts of money for services and products that are not adequate for our needs.
Please stop trolling. You’ve posted this same rant in two other threads.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_NOOB_CH View Post

Not sure if its related, but the Hybrid Engine compensation has been broken for me since day one.

stuff plays back out of time depending on both record and Hybrid status.

Ive documented this, shared video screen recordings, logs and sessions.
Still cant get a straight answer from support.

If im doing something wrong, lmk.
If Hybrid is broken, lmk.

But I agree, the rig is unreliable, especially in front of clients.

Ive taken to adding the extra step of creating stems, and building a dumbed down session when I can so to avoid using the Hybrid engine choice in PB engine.

Ive been with the program since Sound Tools, and never have I felt as unsure about the reliability of the rig as I do now.

Hope it gets better.

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com