Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM

Default Timing Issues with Tempo-Sync'd Plugins that Synchronize to Measure Boundaries

Hi Pro Mixing forum -

I've posted this in the Pro Tools 2020 forum, but someone suggested that I chime in here as well.
I've been (finally) chasing down a long-standing issue where plugins that process audio in a rhythmic fashion, and are meant to present their results musically "on the grid," wind up being out-of-time as a result of delay compensation in the session.
One simple example is the AIR Filter Gate that comes bundled with PT in the Creative Collection.

There's a more thorough description, along with a short list of steps to duplicate the problem, at my original thread here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...errerid=166880

If anyone has any insights as to whether there's already a fix for this (an option in Preferences, or a configuration setting, etc.), I'm all ears.