Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 AM

Default Re: My Pro Tools LE DVD does not read

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Reformatting because of a dying DVD drive would be like swatting flies with a Howitzer. You can get a DVD drive for $30 just about anywhere (try www.mwave.com for starters)
24.99 everyday at Microcenter. If your looking for a free .lso burning program I believe there is one called IMG Burn out there. having said that if the image is a exact duplicate (and it should be) theres a falrly good chance that the results will read the same as the current disk.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-02-2009, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I will look into it tonight when I get home from work.

The only reason I suggested reformating is that I want my system in top shape to take on Pro Tools 8. Also my DVD drive is fairly new (2/3 months) so I'm unsure why it'd be dying.

I figure its one of the burning programs I have installed i.e. nero etc.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Yeah, I will look into it tonight when I get home from work.

The only reason I suggested reformating is that I want my system in top shape to take on Pro Tools 8. Also my DVD drive is fairly new (2/3 months) so I'm unsure why it'd be dying.

I figure its one of the burning programs I have installed i.e. nero etc.

Thanks for your help.
Weird stuff happens. I burned the VistaRC1 to a DVD back in 2007 and it would hang at around 13%. The disk error checked correctly (MD5 Checksum) It worked in different drives. The drive in question (HP 640i) simply had a issue with the motherboard. I updated the firmware. I updated my BIOS. I tried different brands of media. I tried the drive on a different motherboard and it worked fine. Just a combination of MoBo, Drive and Installer. Not everything works exactly as its supposed to all of the time.

If you figure it out let us know.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM

Yeah, I think that something I've installed is just "not happy" with my DVD reading dual layered DVD's or something like that. I'll be home from work in a few hours to start playing around with it again.

All I wanna do is start recording some music. I'm actually putting a portfolio together to get into the conservatorium of Brisbane, Australia. It's due in less than 2 months now and I haven't really started. So the sooner I get it fixed the better.

There are alternatives to the con, which are much more likely given my lack of experience with Pro Tools, but it would be the best place I could get into, so I'll aim high.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 AM

Greetings MikeyG,
Welcome to the forum, your computer wont read your protools 8 installer disc?
How Strange O_O
You just bought your M-Box2 so I presume it is Protools 8 installer?
Is there not a Windows Installer Disc?
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but you should get 3 Discs
1.Windows Version
2.Mac Version
3.Tutorial DVD

I would imagine it is not readable because it is the Mac disc you are trying to use, which only contains .DMG file as far as i am aware.
Once you register you can always download the whole 4.4GB from..
www.digidesign.com
Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_User. View Post
Greetings MikeyG,
Welcome to the forum, your computer wont read your protools 8 installer disc?
How Strange O_O
You just bought your M-Box2 so I presume it is Protools 8 installer?
Is there not a Windows Installer Disc?
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but you should get 3 Discs
1.Windows Version
2.Mac Version
3.Tutorial DVD

I would imagine it is not readable because it is the Mac disc you are trying to use, which only contains .DMG file as far as i am aware.
Once you register you can always download the whole 4.4GB from..
www.digidesign.com
8.0 has both installers on one DVD

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 AM

Yeah, I ended up burning it to a dual layer DVD on my friends mac and its working now. The 3 discs you get with Pro Tools 8 are the Pro Tools installer (both mac and PC), Audio Loops and sounds and an instructional DVD.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Yeah, I ended up burning it to a dual layer DVD on my friends mac and its working now. The 3 discs you get with Pro Tools 8 are the Pro Tools installer (both mac and PC), Audio Loops and sounds and an instructional DVD.
You should get a hold of Digi CS-explain the situation and get them to send you a new DVD.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 AM

I had the same problem when I bought m-powered. My PC thought it was a Mac disk and couldn't see all the files

I used Isobuster to read my disk and extract the files
Old 12-25-2009, 07:31 PM

I'm having the same problem right now; Windows XP, put the disk in and can't see it. It works on my other Vista systems, but it won't work on my good XP system.
The issue may be that the MAC partition comes before the WIN partition on the DVD, and some drives give up when they can't find a master boot record.
I am going to try using a different DVD reader on the same computer, and if that doesn't work I'll use the .iso method.

Thanks Protools, just what I needed!
Merry Christmas