Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-1999, 01:13 PM

Default Digi is a very poorly managed company - Don\'t Buy their products

Anyone thinking of buying Digi products.....take a look at some of the user posting (particularly in the AMIII windows section) It's is horrible how digi sells products...does not support them with decent drivers and then will not inform their users of the product lines status! This company is one of the WORST companies I've ever dealt with. Think long and hard about buying a Digi product. I know I will never buy a Digi product again. Too bad Digi you probably had quite a few AMIII users that would have upgraded to Pro Tools NT by now.....to bad you held back their careers with this nonsense.....your business practices are a joke and intend to report this to the Better Business Bureau.
Old 04-05-1999, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Digi is a very poorly managed company - Don\'t Buy their products

Think long and hard also about how you were able to post this message. Digi may occasionally run hot and cold on development, but digital audio technology is not a perfect science. At least they give users the ability to let their feelings be heard and addressed via this site. Few, if any, companies have the balls to do that. Try showing some tact next time.
Old 04-06-1999, 10:27 AM

Maybe you are unaware of the situation with the AMIII. I had to wait over 2YEARS!!! For the ability to record and playback at the same time!!! This is unacceptable from a piece of hardware that cost me $1200. I have never seen a company neglect such large problems for such a long period of time. True Digi has offered this forum, but this is no longer uncommon. Many, many companies are providing services like this. It's amazing though how Digi would never use this forum to keep AMIII users up to date on the status of a product. Virtually any Studio I've been in that uses any Digi gear are always very upset at the way Digi handles its customer relations. If management is aware of these facts then they are incompetent for not acting to remedy this situation. If they are unaware of this fact they are ingnorant to their customers needs. In either scenario we have a case of poor management. Let's do something about this Digi.
Old 04-06-1999, 10:29 AM

Maybe you are unaware of the situation with the AMIII. I had to wait over 2YEARS!!! For the ability to record and playback at the same time!!! This is unacceptable from a piece of hardware that cost me $1200. I have never seen a company neglect such large problems for such a long period of time. True Digi has offered this forum, but this is no longer uncommon. Many, many companies are providing services like this. It's amazing though how Digi would never use this forum to keep AMIII users up to date on the status of a product. Virtually any Studio I've been in that uses any Digi gear are always very upset at the way Digi handles its customer relations. If management is aware of these facts then they are incompetent for not acting to remedy this situation. If they are unaware of this fact they are ingnorant to their customers needs. In either scenario we have a case of poor management. Let's do something about this Digi.
Old 04-06-1999, 04:12 PM

sixgun, many project II users are with you there bud,

sidereal, you should go to the Project II section, and read :

For the last time

That should give you some more food for thought.