Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 AM

Default ProTools will not uninstall

I was trying to install the pro tools Le disk on my PC and somehow in the middle of the download it stated something about Windows not recognizing something. So i stopped it in the middle of the download. It must have installed part of it somewhere so i tried to uninstall and it will not let me and says something like, "there is another version of pro tools on your system". This cannot be due to it never having pro tools on it before. I was able to go to Digidesign where it told me to go to "run" and put in a command and it still did not work.
I'm trying to install the downloaded upgrade of Pro tool 8Le which is on my back up drive but i think i have to have pro tools 7.4 on there first before i can do so?
Once i'm able to install this properly, i could also use some help on how to install a download version of pro tools le 8 from my backup drive to the PC.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM

Default Re: ProTools will not uninstall

Try this:
Pro Tools Uninstaller Utility - "PTNUKE"

As for installing the application from your backup drive... just run the executable from there. No matter what drive you're installing from, PT will by default install to it's correct location(s) on the System drive.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:47 AM

Some have had problems with the unzip process. Be sure you are using the latest Winrar.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-29-2009, 07:32 AM

what i need to know is how to uninstall what was partially installed from the PT7.4 disk, when i ended up quitting in the middle of the installation. I have tried to enter in the "run" a command i was given by someone else who had the same problem but it did not work. It keeps saying "there is another version of PT8 on this system" , and then it tells me to go to add/remove programs, which also will not work. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflennan View Post
what i need to know is how to uninstall what was partially installed from the PT7.4 disk, when i ended up quitting in the middle of the installation. I have tried to enter in the "run" a command i was given by someone else who had the same problem but it did not work. It keeps saying "there is another version of PT8 on this system" , and then it tells me to go to add/remove programs, which also will not work. Any suggestions?
Yes - see the PT Nuke app that JMS40 referred to in the first reply to your question...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM

use PTNUKE, restart, then add/remove in control pannel all digidesign (drivers should be there as PTNUKE doesnt uninstall them), restart, then on the PT8 disk run the uninstall file, restart, and you def should be clean.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
Pro Tools HD Native 9.0.5
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
-----------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro
2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Avid

Hey mfefc - I saw this in your signature:

Quote:
MBOX 1 and DIGI 001(which isnt working and is no longer receiving tech support! Thanks digidesign)
Are you saying that both units aren't working? The Mbox 1 should definitely work, as it's still supported in Pro Tools 8. Development for the 001 ended with 6.4, but you can still get tech support for it either through email (free) or by phone (paid).

Just thought I'd let you know!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hey mfefc - I saw this in your signature:

Are you saying that both units aren't working? The Mbox 1 should definitely work, as it's still supported in Pro Tools 8. Development for the 001 ended with 6.4, but you can still get tech support for it either through email (free) or by phone (paid).

Just thought I'd let you know!
hey digi tech dude, sorry the message wasnt about the mbox, i was saying ive got an mbox and a 001, the 001 isnt working now. The problem is with the PCI card itself, so i gave up on it as vista came out and i wasnt going to keep my desktop on xp (crysis was out i mean come on!!) which ended up being [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ola anyway! (the game)

i loved my 001 but got angry that you guys wouldnt make updated drivers for it, i mean maybe i just dont know but i thought if your making drivers for the 002 and vista how hard is it really to make the 001 compatible with vista? and also up to date with the latest pro tools, i couldnt go back to 6.4 after using 8, feel ripped off that i've got to keep spending money on something i spent a lot of money on in the first place, but i suppose thats the idea!
Tech support told me i could trade it in and recieve a discount on 002 but it would have been like $100 off (isnt worth it) and then why would i go 002 when in about 5 years time windows horizon comes out and you stop making drivers for it!! and pro tools 10 totally revolutionises the industry and im stuck on pt8?

That was my rant anyway, as i speak the 001 still sits in my rack gathering dust and the pci card in a static free bag in my drawer, sad, sad, days, i loved that little light blue knoby thing.

My sig used to make more sense but i had to ammend it cos i just bought the mbox 2 mini and wanted to update it, i ran out of my 500 characters or something so i had to delete some of the detail.

If by the way you know how i could get my pci card fixed and somewhere where i dunno maybe someone independantly made drivers for 001 and vista or some sort of work around, i'd love to know!

cheers
mark.
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q
003 Rack
Mbox2 mini
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM

The 001 was dropped because Apple stopped supporting the PCI bus architecture in all Macs. Digi did not want to continue support for the 001 device only for the PC market while all the other Digi devices continued to be cross platform. Apple tied Digi's hands in the matter.
Since the 002 is firewire based, it is likely to be a long time before support is discontinued.

As for your broken PCI card, keep your eye on Ebay... they come available separately for cheap every now and then.

It is possible that the 7.4 ASIO standalone package (which supports Vista) would allow you to use the 001 with ASIO compatible DAW software (no PT)... but I have yet to test the theory. I continue to avoid Vista like the plague.

It has been the ASIO driver that has allowed me to continue to get productive use from my old 001. It's unfortunate to be stuck with an old version of PT (understandable though), but up to date versions of competing software functions just peachy paired with the 001/ASIO... as long as the 24/48 limitation isn't an issue for your work style.

Good luck-
Old 05-03-2009, 06:33 PM

hey jms thanks for the info.

Still cant see why digidesign should abandon pc 001 users just cos mac changed its structure. If you got a mac and a 001 your beef is with apple. Pc users, our beef is with digi.
Would love to get the old blue lady back up and running, might look out on ebay as you suggested, but i cant see my self working 6.4 again. Surely there must be some way to get the 001 recognised with PT8. Like somehow tricking the computer into thinking its a 002 or something, i dunno, i've seen a lot of smart people out there come up with work arounds on different software, it would have to be independent ofcourse cos digi wont do it. I wouldnt be expecting it to work perfectly, no doubt if someone did it there would be consequences like certain things on the digi wouldnt work.

maybe im dreaming, nothing wrong with that though?
Mushkin DDR3 16G RAM
C24
Eleven Rack
Lynx Aurora, LTHD
UAD2 Quad Neve
MacBook Pro
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Pro Tools LE 8
Glyph Tech GT050Q