Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Default structure le won't work

I'm having a problem with Structure LE. I can pull it up on a track but the plug in is just frozen and i can't do anything with it. I get the error message "the database has to be created, yes or no" but it only stays up for a quick second then disappears. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, update with windows installer and still cant get it to work at all. Is there any other information on how to fix this? I cant get it to work at all.

Pro Tools 9
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
i7 930 quad core
6 gigs triple-channel RAM
2 Hard-drives, 1 for OS and 1 for Pro Tools files
2- M-Audio Profire 2626
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Default Re: structure le won't work

bump
Old 01-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Well I was hoping the 9.0.1 update would fix this but it didn't. However, I have found a temp fix to actually let me use structure le.

I found if i click on "Hide all floating windows" and then open structure again, it will work i can use the interface. But i have to do this everytime for it to work.

Before it wouldnt let you click on anything and an error message pops up and quickly disappears before you can click on it. It still does this but the above temp fix works for now.

Any clues on whats up? Is it a bug or is it just me?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatzer View Post
Well I was hoping the 9.0.1 update would fix this but it didn't. However, I have found a temp fix to actually let me use structure le.

I found if i click on "Hide all floating windows" and then open structure again, it will work i can use the interface. But i have to do this everytime for it to work.

Before it wouldnt let you click on anything and an error message pops up and quickly disappears before you can click on it. It still does this but the above temp fix works for now.

Any clues on whats up? Is it a bug or is it just me?
I believe this might be due to Win 7 64 bit Program Files folder being named "Program Files (x86)." Structure LE is used to creating the "air.db" in "Program Files/Common Files/Digidesign/AIR/Content" on Win7 32 bit and XP. Thus, the "(x86) could be throwing it off since Avid and AIR plug-ins weren't officially qualified on 64 bit systems until very recently. I've logged a bug about to address this issue. I believe this is a bug in the AIR plug-in rather than in Pro Tools.
For now, you could use your workaround or simply click "NO" when it asks you to recreate the Database. You should still have most functionality of the plug-in and access all your library sounds. I'm not sure what the DataBase tab does as I don't ever use that section much; but it looks like it is blanked out. Let me know if this is blocking you from doing work.

-FM
Avid Software Tester
Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM

I confirmed on Windows 7 32 bit that Structure LE's Database tab is fuctioning but not on Windows 7 64 bit. This blocks users from using Structure LE's database. I'll add notes to the bug report and hopefully get this resolved soon. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Hi, thanks for posting! The temp fix works for now so now sweat. Just a bit annoying. As for the "recreate database" message, it only pops up for a quick second and then disappears so it won't actually let me click on it. Good to know that this will be worked out. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 AM

I have both Structure LE and Structure on separate systems. I have no problems but I do keep the content on a separate drive from an old install.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com