Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2004, 02:57 AM

Default Can I create \"Plug-in\" Folders?

Is it possible to create folders for various types of plug-ins, example Verbs, EQ's, etc... I've tried it within the Protools --> plug-ins folders and I organized it but when I open a session and want to insert a plug-in, they're not catagorized nor in folders.

Thanks a mill.

Pluto
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Can I create \"Plug-in\" Folders?

Hi

Get the Fauxlder Tool from http://www.tllabs.com

itīs for OSX and OS9

regs
Old 03-04-2004, 07:14 AM

Hey Mindnoise! Are you using Fauxlder? Any problems? Is Pluggo cool with spreading it's plugs over various categories? Please reply.

(Also, thanks for the N12(!) DUC Special link and all other informative posts! BTW, I will also be getting the 1084(indeed sweetening on drums!). Found it for $229 at www.prodigy-pro.com(cheaper than URS online) - thought I'd provide a helpful link for a change. Unless you're already aware of it..Anyway, thanks again! Later.)
Old 03-04-2004, 07:29 AM

hi senyc

Thanks for the credit and the link

Yes Iīll tried Fauxler yesterday works really fine without hassle and within itīs limitations.

one is the Pluggo RTAS, I have quite o lot of them now. The fact is, since Pluggo (Free) Runtime Environment stores itīs plug-ins in a different location than the DIGI RTAS plug-ins, you cannot organize the Pluggos, but for the rest it works fine.

I bought my N12 last Sunday and I REALLY like it!!!! though itīs only a MOMO plug in.
I am glad I waited so long to decide and the way I am developing into, Waves isnīt an option any longer.

hey In case you missed it : get the Frohmage from from ohmforce, this thing is incredible!

best

Old 03-04-2004, 07:38 AM

Hey mindnoise! Are you using Fauxlder? Any problems? Is Pluggo cool with spreading it's plugs over various categories? Please reply.

(Thanks for the N12 DUC Special link and all other informative posts!)
Old 03-04-2004, 07:53 AM

Hi senyc,

Yes I use Fauxlder. No probs to report until now.

The pluggos appear in the category you put the PLUGGO RTAS plug-in into.
so you can make a category/folder called "pluggo", but thatīs it.

Again I am talking about the Free Runtime Env. here but I guess it will be the same with the full version, because of teh pluggo structure.

regs

Old 03-04-2004, 12:09 PM

Sounds good! Gonna try to sort out my Pluggo mess soon! Can't wait to try Frohmage - downloaded that too, thanks to your posts always. I will also try the OhmBoyz delay - really curious bout that! Have you tried it?

(Thought Digi was gonna delete my previous money-specific post - tis really cool to find plug-ins for cheaper!)
Old 03-04-2004, 02:16 PM

Thanks MindNoise...

Will give it a go.

Pluto
Old 03-04-2004, 02:48 PM

Not exactly what I'm looking for. Is there a way to creat Folders --> Sub Folders so I wouldn't have to scroll down a mile or so to get the plug-in. There has to be a way. Anyone know?

Thanks...

Pluto
Old 03-04-2004, 07:21 PM

I believe if you take your favorite plugins and put a space before the name in the plugins folder, it moves it to the top of the list. I've done that with all my most-used plugs like vocalign, soundreplacer, bomb factory stuff, auto tune, channel strip, TRacks, etc. They all show up at the top of my list. (OS9)