Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM

Default TL Metro - Can't modify or add sounds - Mac OS X

I have Pro Tools M-Powered 8.05 running on a MacBook Pro OS X 7.5.
TL Metro (the included metronome plug-in) is not allowing me to update the sound library. I have several good kick and snare samples (wav) files that I have created and can use with no problem in TL Metro on my Windows system, but on the Mac, when I search for the samples after pressing the "sound library" button, and select them, then press the "convert" button - nothing happens. And the sample is not added to the library. I can't add anything to the library, and sample numbers 40+ always remain "undefined"

I have downloaded the newest version of the TL utilities, upgraded my drivers, and have tried just about everything (including deleting databases, etc.).

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM

Default Re: TL Metro - Can't modify or add sounds - Mac OS X

OK- I figured out what was wrong. I was trying to import wav drum sample files that were stereo. TL Metro could probably use some sort of dialog to indicate the problem because this drove me nuts!
To fix the issue, I simply went into Pro Tools, File, import, and convert. I imported the files into a regions list, and when it asked where I wanted them to go, I found the TL Metro directory I had created. Then clicking on the sound library in TL metro, I found one of my newly files (left channel), and they converted fine.