Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to up

Yup, buy a new iLok, leave BOTH the V6 and new iLok in your computer. Download V7 assets onto the new iLok and your V6 assets will disappear from their iLok.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Own mercury & ssl and upgraded to mercury + studio classics not enough room to up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Yup, buy a new iLok, leave BOTH the V6 and new iLok in your computer. Download V7 assets onto the new iLok and your V6 assets will disappear from their iLok.
Hi,

Only time the v6 auths will remain is if you have TLC auths, which will of course run out after their 3 month period is up.

Obviously Waves aren't going to let people download waves 7 and keep their waves 6 permanent auths on another ilok!! to go and sell on EBay

I'm currently running V6 and installed separately the 3 new v7 plugins vocal rider/lo air/noise supressor. because i have v7 on a separate ilok i can do this. But as soon as my TLC v6 auths run-out i will have to go over to V7 totally. Just hope they fix the fine adjust mode in v7 before my v6 TLC runs out

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Yes, you'll have to call waves sales or maybe email might do it. login into your account and contact them from your account.

Chris
Thanks, I'll get that switched over.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:25 AM

$400 for upgrade from mercury&ssl to mercury + studio classic bundle
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios
Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlinkstudios View Post
What?
So. I have to pay more to upgrade my "Bundle that has everything" (except SSL because that's not considered part of "Everything") to another "New" "Bundle with everything"?
What will be the next upgrade from the "New all inclusive everything bundle" going to be?

Why do I have this feeling it's going to be called The Uranus Bundle? I keep my wallet in my back pocket, I bet if I bend over, Waves could reach it.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERLINKSTUDIOS View Post
Hi,

So you called Waves sales and told them you own everything and you want to combine them into one bundle? and they called it an upgrade and charge $400.

That sounds like they getting confused and think you are actually upgrading your plugins! rather than just combining the 2 bundles into one.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:37 AM

Was your WUP current on both the SSL and Mercury when you were quoted that price?
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM

yes i owned version 7 of mercury and ssl.upgrade was $400.sometimes paying a little fee is worth not staying on phone for hours so someone would HOPEFULLY understand.just my 2 cents.PEOPLE THIS TLC MESS AND HAVING TO BUY NEW ILOKS WHEN YOU UPGRADE IF YOU STILL HAVE TLC SEEMS LIKE A MONOPOLY THAT IS FAIR
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

So you called Waves sales and told them you own everything and you want to combine them into one bundle? and they called it an upgrade and charge $400.

That sounds like they getting confused and think you are actually upgrading your plugins! rather than just combining the 2 bundles into one.

Chris

Yea, I just sent them an email asking about it tonight, I'll post what they say.

Cheers.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboymusic View Post
So, I can combine my Mercury and SSL into one bundle and lower my yearly WUP fee?
Yes they did it for me one bundle ONE WUP fee. The cost for me was nothing to do it.
It really can't find any disadvantage.