Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: New Mirrored G4 hangs on Digi System Init!!!

Hello to you folks on the bleeding edge. We're currently in testing with the new Macs and will post when we have some definitive findings and answers.

Thanks for the continued input.

DigiCS
Old 08-28-2002, 10:49 AM

DigiCS
Hey, thanks for the reply. It helps to know that something official is happening. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
It's kinda like a long lost parent calling to say they've been thinking about you. Makes you all warm an fuzzy.

Oh, and still no luck for me and the 001 on our shinny new G4. But still trying everything I can think of.

ryan
Old 08-28-2002, 01:22 PM

I'm at work so I'll reply with the DSP chip version tonight.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:07 PM

digiCS - my chip is a 3F48S

What a relief to find a group of people talking about the issue which is dominating my life at the moment. Just bougt a 867DP mac two days ago mid-album project, to replace my flagging B+W G3 (which used to have this problem about three years ago, which then went away - can't remember why) and using it with digi001 having the same hang on boot problem as described by others here - so, I am not going mad. It's true! There is an issue , My double problem is the above combined with a DAE error -9060 which is forcing me to have to reboot many times a day (which can now take up to twenty minutes of trying before the digisystem init boots successfuly) with a client here and logging how much time I have to give them extra at the end of the day. I have read all the knowledge-base stuff about -9060 error and have even stopped using the firewire drive, transferring my project to the internal disk of the new mac.

So it would be an enormous help to solve the DAE error thing while waiting for a fix for the init-hang problem (I know this machine is not qualified yet and that you are working on it - thankyou).

The -9060 error usually happens when using an audiosuite plug-in to write a file. It appears when playing back after the file has been written. If I simply reboot PT LE (5.1.3cs) I am told that my drive is not an approved one, but the rest of the time works fine. I also got the unapproved message sometimes when using a formac prodrive (7200rpm, oxford 911 chipset).

We have one week of mixing left and I doubt that you'll be able to provide a solution to the hang prob that quickly but can you help with the DAE -9060!

Thanks - when it's working, this combination of PTLE and 867DP mac is absolutely wonderful.

3F48S
Old 08-28-2002, 08:29 PM

I guess I'm joning the INIT hater's club!!! I installed digi and can't even get in to see the promised land. I'm also having problems with Waves Authorization, But that's another post. So what is the offical INIT procedure? I read some archives but I'm still stumped.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:50 PM

Digi ETS,

Checked my 001 card and it is:

#3F48S

Good luck with the fix and godspeed my friends cause I know i can hardly wait.

Any more info needed, please ask here, I'll be checking back.

ryan
Old 08-28-2002, 11:13 PM

guys, WHAT ABOUT M-BOX????
samething with the new macs? not compatible?
Old 08-29-2002, 12:47 AM

Folks,

If you are experiencing the hang-at-boot problem, could you please check your 001 PCI host card and post which version of the DSP chip your card has?

There are two versions: One is labled 3F48S, and the other is labled 2K30A. Just remove your card and look carefully at the big chip just above the PCI traces.

Thanks!

Digidesign ETS
Old 08-29-2002, 09:20 AM

mine can fail at the digi init on startup twice, then boot up the third time, or 3 times and boot up the fourth!
It is completely random, with no change in extensions etc.....
will post the 001 number when I get home tonight.
Thanks digi for the reponse!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:33 AM

My dual with PTLE + 001 has been unstable at best. I believe Digi just has not caught up and their lame "dual fix" should be "dual ready".

Of course DP smokes on the dually....so I just use that untill digi pulls it out.