Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2014, 05:56 AM

Default Moving clips when in Volume Track View ...

Thanks for the help -

I'm running PT 11. Two questions:

If I switch the Track View Selector to Volume, is it possible to still move clips in that particular track?

Are there key commands to toggle between Waveform and Volume Track Views?

Thanks again.

-paul.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 AM
ACI/ALP Moderator

Default Re: Moving clips when in Volume Track View ...

The minus sign in the alpha numerical side of your keyboard will toggle the views. There's a triangle on the lower left of your track, disclose it and you can see both volume and waveforms in parallel lanes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymor View Post
The minus sign in the alpha numerical side of your keyboard will toggle the views. There's a triangle on the lower left of your track, disclose it and you can see both volume and waveforms in parallel lanes
Thanks. Are clips locked in place when in Volume view? Can't figure out how to move clips ...

-paul.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 AM
ACI/ALP Moderator

Clips are not locked, but you are no longer operating on waveform information. When in volume view you every tool is dedicated to manipulating volume, hence the grabber tool you are trying to use is now dedicated to creating break points in the fader volume curve. Just get used to the minus key.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymor View Post
Clips are not locked, but you are no longer operating on waveform information. When in volume view you every tool is dedicated to manipulating volume, hence the grabber tool you are trying to use is now dedicated to creating break points in the fader volume curve. Just get used to the minus key.
Thanks again. Yeah - in Logic X I can turn on volume animation visibility and still move clips. The animation point association (aka envelope points/keyframes) remains in tact by way of a user defined option. This comes in handy when I need to line up points with clip heads/tails, points on other clips, etc.

To sort of mimic this in PT I guess I'll need to get used to setting Sync Points while in waveform view ...

I'll work with the "-" key in PT.

Again, thanks.

-paul.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:03 AM

I found what I think is a suitable option for moving clips with visible Break Points in the Waveform view.

PT View menu/Clip/Clip Gain Line.

You can add Break Points to the Clip Gain line and then move the clip with the associated points.

Here's a quick demo video.

-paul.