Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2023, 12:21 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio I/O Setup is Confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsureit View Post
I have connected both Digilink cables from MTRX Studio to HDX card = 32 hardware device I/Os. Most are outboard preamps, plus several compressors.

Thank you. Looks like you moved the ancillary stuff like the built-in mic inputs to the back, and made permanent the HW items you use most. Makes sense. Seems clean.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:42 PM

Definitely getting the hang of this now. And of the Monitor Profiles, which are deep enough to be quite tricky at first.

Hey Jeff Komar @creativecontrol, if I may make a good-faith suggestion: you really ought to produce a 20- or 30-minute Getting Started video that is live and more in-depth than the 8-minute Avid one that only has music under it, but maybe not as completely down the rabbit hole as your Coffee and Consoles one, in which one could get the impression that every MTRX user under the sun is concerned solely with ATMOS ReRenders and multi-room facilities in which they are moving hundreds of channels over DANTE.

Some topics for the non-ATMOS set would include:

• Setting up monitoring to switch between 3 sets of stereo or 2.1 speakers. Let's assign those to some MTRX ST (or DAD MOM) buttons.
• Let's give SPQ and how you calibrate it, "long shrift". Multiple seated positions a plus.
• IN-DEPTH into the TB3 card, why it's cool, and what you can do with it. Show examples.
• Can TB3 card be used in conjunction with DigiLink? If so, how?
• What are some conveniences of DADman for music-making or for live recording?
• With MTRX Studio, there are no AES outs, but plenty of people use things like Genelecs and want to avoid converter stages. What's the best way of converting to formats left off the rear panel?
• Best practices of dealing with DANTE and sample rate changes.

I'm sure I could think of 20 more, but you get the picture. Please have a think about it.

Last edited by Picture Start; 01-08-2024 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2024, 02:35 AM

+1

Regards