Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2021, 08:58 AM

Default I need assistance

I purchased pro tools this past weekend on the avid website but I never recieved my activation code. My iLok account did not recieve a code or anything. I have called 5x to no evail. I have tried the chat bot countless times and it hasn't helped. I've waited and waited for avid to help me but nothing. I need help. I just blew $500 on a download without access at the moment. Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2021, 09:48 AM

Default Re: I need assistance

Past weekend was yesterday, nobody is going to be around to answer store issues over the weekend, or do you mean you've been waiting a week? Avid store sales do seem to take hours to a day or so, who knows why, bizzare in this day and age.

It's not uncommon for folks to use the wrong email address/ilok account name. Are you sure you provided that correctly, and are looking in the correct/matching iLok account?

Did you see the transaction go through on your credit card?

Check your email spam folder.

And for when Avid folks might see this thread and try to help you. Is the email address associated with your DUC account the same as your Avid account... so they can find you. If not they'll likely need to PM you, I would not post email addresses here.

Not sure what Chat you have been trying to use, hopefully the one for the online store, but instead of trying that just start a support case there (https://www.avid.com/contact-online-store) and post the case number here that lets folks know who you are and how to reach you.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:03 AM

Default Re: I need assistance

Darryl, thanks for responding and trying to help me out.

I purchased on Saturday, so you're right, no one should be around on the weekend to help me, thats definitely fair enough. Although I was hoping that this morning there would be a helpful avid rep assisting me.

I just confirmed that the iLok account and avid account have the same email address connected to it.

The transaction is listed on my credit card. It's still pending, but thats normal for weekend purchases on a monday morning.

Spam folder has nothing from iLok or Avid since the day I purchased it.

I did start a support case, although I don't have the case number for it off-hand, I didn't recieve an email confirming the support case.

Another thing to note - I have previously downloaded a 30 day trial of pro tools. Do you think that could be impacting things?

Thanks again to anyone that will try to help me out!
Old 12-13-2021, 12:37 PM

Default Just purchased pro tools but no activation code

I purchased pro tools from the avid store online. Do they ship me the activation code? I don't know where to find it otherwise. I purchased pro tools this past weekend.

Thanks!

Last edited by jeffro; 12-13-2021 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Consolidated dupe threads and moved to Licensing & Accounts.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Just purchased pro tools but no activation code

It should appear in your account.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-on-my-account

System Details
Old 12-13-2021, 05:05 PM

Welcome to the community.

I checked your my.avid.com/products and that shows Pro Tools was added on Saturday, your licenses deposited then as well. The iLok User ID is shown within that product so please check that account (you have 2 iLok accounts so make sure you are signing into the correct one).
Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 AM

I only have 1 active iLok account that I use though, perhaps it sent it to my old account. RandyWittman is the iLok account I use. I am not aware of the credentials for any other iLok account.

Can I have it activated in the randywittman account please? Is there a way to do that?

Thank you for helping me out.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:28 PM

Default License/Activation code dropped in the wrong iLok

Hello, apparently I have 2 iLok accounts, but only have access to one of them. I don't remember creating the 2nd one.

Somehow when I purchased pro tools this past weekend, the activation code/License was dropped into the wrong one.

Anything I can do to get them to retract it and drop in the proper account?

Thank you!

Last edited by jeffro; 12-15-2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Merged dupe threads.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:20 PM

Escalated your case to get this addressed.