Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 11:49 AM

Default THERE IS NO BOX TO CHECK IN PT 7 INSTALLER !!!!!!!

THERE IS NO BOX TO CHECK IN PT 7 INSTALLER-the box next to "Command 8 Controller and Driver" in PT 7 installer !!!!!!!

My command 8 has worked great, but I upgraded to a dual 2.7, and had to re-install PT 7, but THERE IS NO Command 8 BOX TO CHECK IN PT 7 INSTALLER !!!!!!!

Digi command 8 instructions for PT 7 CD install say:
1. Run the Pro Tools LE install app
2. Put a checkmark in the box next to "Command 8 Controller and Driver"

2. DOES NOT EXIST IN THE PT 7 CD I BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, The ProTools 7 installer FREEZES with the spinning Ball at the LAST of the start up, when it says "starting up peripherals"....

Come on digi, there must be an explanation for why you say there IS a check box, and in fact the is Not !!!

PLEASE RESPOND to this....Thank You...
Isaiah 40:31
72 Strat with single 2-Blade pickup
PTLE 10.3 LE
2-SSL Alpha Channels - 1 SSL G-Compressor
Apogee Rosetta 200 - Z-Systems Opti-patch
Lexicon MPX-G2 Guitar Processor - .003r
Command 8 - Roland JV1000 + Triton Rack
FOCAL TWIN 3way speakers + JBL Q108MK11 Bottom
2-52 jax MilSpeck Patch Bays
2-22" Apple Cinema Display's
Allen & Heath 16ch Mixr

**Currently = 11-1-12
2 CD's Released-1-2003-2-2012 Worship ROCK
Old 02-19-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: THERE IS NO BOX TO CHECK IN PT 7 INSTALLER !!!

Did you make sure you're in Custom install, not in Easy install...
Also, go to your Digidesign forder and navigate until you get to your controllers..
you should see many control surfaces including Comman8...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 AM

Thank you for the reply...I DO Not want to go back to 6.9.2.

ver 7 has worked great until now, and when I perform thye suggested digi diagnostics routine, and throw all the suggested preferences, and the database folders in the trash 9and empty), PT 7 starts right up, and I open sessions with MUCHO plugs-until I quit and then try to re-start ProTools, and then it gets to "starting up Peripherals" during the start-up, and I get the Spinning Ball of DEATH, and have to force quit, and this continues to happen until I do the troubleshooting/diagnostics again.

When I am up and running Ver 7 is Great. I always enable my Command 8 in the Setup/Peripherals to Command 8/port 1/port 1 and the Com 8 faders spring to the correct position, and I make all the changes I want, and it follows right along. I also re-set the Setup/preferences back to my settings. I do not see anything I am doing with the preferences that would affect the start-up.

On my PT 7 CD, there IS NO "Easy Install. Only, custom Install, with NO Checkbox for controller drivers.

Are there 2 different installer CD's ??? I am getting very confused by Digi.

They say to Trash the Volumes file in Library/App Support/databases, and I did that, and now I do not have this file re-appear, and they say I never needed it ???

When I un-install, then Custom install-(no easy install on my installer CD), and do diagnostic procedures it starts right up, But, DIGI says, that the Controllers folder should be in the Applications/Digidesign folder, but my Controllers/"Command 8 Bundle" is actually in the Applications/Digi/PRO TOOLS Folder ?????

Wa--Suppp ???
Isaiah 40:31
72 Strat with single 2-Blade pickup
PTLE 10.3 LE
2-SSL Alpha Channels - 1 SSL G-Compressor
Apogee Rosetta 200 - Z-Systems Opti-patch
Lexicon MPX-G2 Guitar Processor - .003r
Command 8 - Roland JV1000 + Triton Rack
FOCAL TWIN 3way speakers + JBL Q108MK11 Bottom
2-52 jax MilSpeck Patch Bays
2-22" Apple Cinema Display's
Allen & Heath 16ch Mixr

**Currently = 11-1-12
2 CD's Released-1-2003-2-2012 Worship ROCK
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Administrator

You are correct, the information on the Command|8 page is right for the Pro Tools 7 Windows installer, but not for the Pro Tools 7 Mac installers.

The information that is in your Command|8 Guide, Chapter 2, Installing and Configuring Command|8, where it says this:
"Pro Tools software includes software for Command|8, installed by default as part of the Easy Install option."
is also incorrect (the guide was not updated for Pro Tools 7)

This was true for earlier versions, but with the Pro Tools 7 installer, there is no Easy Install option, just the Custom Install.
If you install the Pro Tools 7 application, it will install the Command8.bundle automatically.

Your Command8.bundle was installed in the correct location for Pro Tools 7:
Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Controllers

There is a Command|8 Firmware Updater on the Pro Tools 7 CD, if you need to run that, and a Read Me doc with instructions:
Additional Files/Command|8 Firmware Upgrader

So you have the correct software for the Command|8 with Pro Tools 7. You may need to update your firmware, though.

We've updated the Command|8 and Pro Tools 7 additional downloads pages, so hopefully this will be a little clearer now.