Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 11:40 PM

Default Re: How would I get a song off of a CD into PT?

rdpete,

Not quite sure what you mean... if you mean did I try this with several commercial CDs? then yes I tried it with some commercial CDs stuff that I am sure weren't created with Pro Tools.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:38 PM

I record from Music Match Jukebox into a wav format on the hard drive then import into Pro Tools. Free version available here: www.musicmatch.com

Also if you have Windows Media Player you should be able to record to the hard drive in wav format. Not sure on that one though.

Good luck.
Allen
Old 11-18-2001, 08:56 PM

GuitarEasley,

I was thinking along the lines if whatever file you want from the CD, would already be a file format that PT recognizes, like aiff or SD2.
www.dawbox.com
Old 11-18-2001, 10:04 PM

rdpete,

It is a mysterious process to me because it occured just recently for me. What happens is when I put a any(any CD so far)audio CD in my Plexwriter16/10/40A I automatically get a WAV file instead of the usual CDA file.

So far I assume it is my burning software that is doing this. I do hope that it is a high quality 'conversion'... if indeed my software is actually a 'converting' the audio file. I know I can't hear the difference but I need to make sure of this soon.

This feels real weird quoting myself but here is what I am using and how it occured for me(by the way I don't work for Plextore!):

"Recently I installed a bundle of burning software programs that came with my plexwriter 16/10/40.
As soon as I installed the burning software...PRESTO...all import problems were solved.
I don't know why but my guess is that it involved the "AudioFS" feature in my "PLextore Manager 2000" software.

This feature only supports plextore drives but regardless of whether you have this type of burner or burner software maybe it will help if you research "PLextore Manager 2000"'s "AudioFS".

"AudioFS makes tracks on audio CDs (Red Book CD/DA format disks) appear automaticallyas WAV files...".

This is just my guess...Sorry I don't know more than this. Maybe this will trigger a better reply or explanation.

Good luck,

GuitarEasley

"GuitarEasley
Member # 17493
posted November 15, 2001 11:21 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did it all this morning... strait from cdrom into pro Tools 5.1! I don't have to load into anything anymore...and I got a windows computer.
I think this is because of my burning software that I just installed this morning.

Previously I was getting different format...(I think CDA or something other than WAV files when I stuck a cd in my rom) but now its properties are WAV! and I can import directly from CD and not copy or paste or anything... The first time I did it I used the import from the file menu and that was ridiculous because I ended up with each title having its own track...lol... but then instead I chose to import from the "audio regions list" window.

It must be because I installed my
PLEXTOR MANAGER 2000;
Its feature "AudioFS" is by default enabled.
"AudioFS:
Displays and makes available Red Book Audio CDs to your operating system and applications as WAV files.
Eliminates the need to store large WAV files on your hard disk, because your application can now access the tracks from the audio CD
directly through AudioFS.
Allows easy drag and drop of audio
tracks to your hard disk for a simple and quick audio extraction to WAV format. AudioFS makes it simple and fast
to encode to a number of compression formats (MP3, WMA, Real Audio, Liquid Audio), edit, and create compilation CDs with
various applications."

Good luck,

GuitarEasley
GuitarEasley
Member # 17493
posted November 15, 2001 12:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...still importing directly from CDrom...
Note:
With my setup it is only my plexwriter16/10/40A can convert the CDA file to a WAV file. I tried to import a cd files from my other CD Rom player(Lite-On LTN486 48x Max)and it definately did not work.

By the way I would have been able to do this from the day I got my Pro Tools but I said to myself that I would jusiciously use my plextore only for 'burning' and the spare CD Rom that came with my computer for playing the CDs so that I wouldn't be causing any extra wear and tear on my plextore...lol...If only I would have tried to import the CD from my plextore instead of my other CD Rom!!!

GuitarEasley"

P.S. ATTENTION
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] : all plextore users who use PLEXTOR MANAGER 2000... and read this post... please share with me your knowledge and experience with this.

See ya later,

GuitarEasley