Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2002, 09:44 AM

Default mBox and G3 Wallstreet w/USB Cardbus!

In case anyone is interested about this config without being a Digi Guinea Tester.

It's very stable. I don't even have to disconnect and reconnect mBox to recognize USB like on some iBook systems (including my iBook). No probs with setup all day today, even with USB keyboard and mouse AND Firewire Cardbus and Firewire HD inline, and recording to internal HD too. CHARMING! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'cept for some of PTLE software's built-in stupidness. ie: bounce. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

FYI...I did reinitialize the Wallstreet and bring it up to 9.2.2 before installing PT, used base ext set also. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:54 PM

Default Re: mBox and G3 Wallstreet w/USB Cardbus!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by stupetech:
In case anyone is interested about this config without being a Digi Guinea Tester.

It's very stable. I don't even have to disconnect and reconnect mBox to recognize USB like on some iBook systems (including my iBook). No probs with setup all day today, even with USB keyboard and mouse AND Firewire Cardbus and Firewire HD inline, and recording to internal HD too. CHARMING! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'cept for some of PTLE software's built-in stupidness. ie: bounce. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupetech,

I'm glad to hear that everything went fine for you. I used to use my 300 Wallstreet as a "demo" station w/ PT Free v. 3.0, 16 tracks but no plug-in.

What is your problem w/ bouncing ? Aren't you allowed to bounce your sessions to disk? That would be no surprise for me, as the internal drives for the Walstreet series (especially the 300 Mhz) have always had some kind of problem with audio softwares (i.e. ITunes). Direct ripping from CD was strongly NOT recommended at the time because of some weird disk error that could lead to severe data loss and general hard drive directory spoiling.

However, I have always been able to bounce to disk w/ PT free 3.O in 16b/44.1.

Please be careful with that, as Digi has always recommended to dedicate a special drive to audio for all Pro Tools apps, when it is possible. You would be safer w/ an external SCSI / Firewire 7200 rpm drive or more.

Just my 2 euros [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Aloha
Thermostudio powered by :
G4 DP 2x500 Mhz / Digi 001
[working on 1st self-prod. LP]
--------------------------------------------
Old 03-21-2002, 03:48 AM

Thermo- The problem with 5X bounce is that it is only done in realtime and does not utilize the full power of processing with a fast bounce option. "Export as files" is NOT the answer.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:23 PM

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...=010949#000002
Old 07-21-2002, 10:23 PM

re: MBox and 233 Wallstreet G3 powerbooks. I have the same laptop and was trying to find out if I could use an MBOX via a USB cardbus, so was delighted to read your info. I do simple radio spot-type work too, but was wondering just how far you had pushed this setup. I have a SCSI accelerator in the other cardbus slot, hooked up to a Glyph 9GB.

One other concern I had was whether the 16bit PT4.1 sessions I have from previous work will open and play with an MBOX and PT5.2, or would I face extensive bouncing of previous work? And also: can I digitally transfer from my 16bit SPDIF DAT output into the MBOX? Or only resample via analog?

I'd appreciate very much any info...
cheers
Old 07-22-2002, 07:21 AM

Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi stupetech...glad you're still lurking about [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2003, 09:34 AM

Just wondering if you've tried your Wallstreet/cardbus/Mbox setup with OS X yet? Does it work? Which card do you use?