Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2023, 10:58 AM

Default Pop/Click Every 5 Seconds After Bounce

I have been using ProTools for years now and have been working on this one song for the past couple of months. It has been bouncing fine until just recently. No updates or major changes to OS or ProTools versions, just the normal mixing, etc... All of a sudden, now, I noticed a slight pop/click in the audio after bouncing. And after further investigation, I realize that it is occurring every 5 seconds exactly! I have tried to adjust settings, and nothing has changed it. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Old 11-19-2023, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Pop/Click Every 5 Seconds After Bounce

Hi welcome to DUC.

Does this change if you bounce online or offline?

If you commit tracks before bouncing?
Old 11-19-2023, 11:26 AM

It does not change if set the setting in bounce to bounce after or during.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:43 AM

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The question was about online vs. offline bounce. (i.e the online check box in the bounce dialog).
Old 11-19-2023, 11:46 AM

I believe you're referring to settings that I don't have. I use ProTools 8.0.5. The settings you're referring to I believe are in later versions. I don't have a checkbox for online or offline during bounce and I don't have options to commit tracks. These are all features I believe in 11 or later.
Old 11-19-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwicklen View Post
I have been using ProTools for years now and have been working on this one song for the past couple of months. It has been bouncing fine until just recently. No updates or major changes to OS or ProTools versions, just the normal mixing, etc... All of a sudden, now, I noticed a slight pop/click in the audio after bouncing. And after further investigation, I realize that it is occurring every 5 seconds exactly! I have tried to adjust settings, and nothing has changed it. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
PT8? HD or LE and what is your hardware?

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 11-19-2023, 12:38 PM

Would have been nice for you to say in your original post, yes I see it in your profile now but they don't get checked by many of us/are often out of date/useless. Read "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page to see the kind of info you are expected to provide here.

And you posted to the wrong forum area, old legacy stuff should go elsewhere, there is no Pro Tools 8 section, it's so old but, Pro Tools 9 is close. https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50 Please do **not** post a duplicate thread there now, maybe a moderator can move this thread.

You should confirm if the clicks are really in the bounced file and not happening on playback, listen to the bounce file with another audio player. When you re-import the audio into Pro Tools do you see the clicks in the waveform?

If you have ignore errors enabled, don't. Set your H/W buffer size as large as possible. Make sure no plugins are unlicensed/in demo mode and deliberately producing clicks. Make sure you are bouncing the source you expect you are and that you are monitoring that when listing in playback (to compare the same source). Check very carefully that the clicks are not in the standard playback (or even recorded in one of the tracks). Make sure there are no clocking issues, ideally you have one interface and its the clock source.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d. Finley View Post
pt8? Hd or le and what is your hardware?
8.0.5 le
Old 11-19-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Would have been nice for you to say in your original post, yes I see it in your profile now but they don't get checked by many of us/are often out of date/useless. Read "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page to see the kind of info you are expected to provide here.

And you posted to the wrong forum area, old legacy stuff should go elsewhere, there is no Pro Tools 8 section, it's so old but, Pro Tools 9 is close. https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50 Please do **not** post a duplicate thread there now, maybe a moderator can move this thread.

You should confirm if the clicks are really in the bounced file and not happening on playback, listen to the bounce file with another audio player. When you re-import the audio into Pro Tools do you see the clicks in the waveform?

If you have ignore errors enabled, don't. Set your H/W buffer size as large as possible. Make sure no plugins are unlicensed/in demo mode and deliberately producing clicks. Make sure you are bouncing the source you expect you are and that you are monitoring that when listing in playback (to compare the same source). Check very carefully that the clicks are not in the standard playback (or even recorded in one of the tracks). Make sure there are no clocking issues, ideally you have one interface and its the clock source.
My apologizes Darryl. I am new to this forum. When I signed up, it asked for all the version info, so I thought it was in there. I will double-check those items you mentioned.

The clicks are not in the playback, only in the bounced file. I have listened to the playbook over and over to see if I can find these, but they are not there....only in the bounced file.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwicklen View Post
The clicks are not in the playback, only in the bounced file. I have listened to the playbook over and over to see if I can find these, but they are not there....only in the bounced file.
Gotcha, just make sure you are looking at exactly the source you are bouncing, folks sometimes accidentally bounce something else than they are listening to on the monitors, it might have other hidden tracks in it etc.