Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Problem in Panther but not in TIGER ??? HUI mode

Ok this is something i`m trying to figure out.
setup:
Dual G4 1.2ghz, Digi002, Tascam FW1884 + 2x FE8.

I have an error in Panther (PTle 6.9).
After awhile my recorded midi tracks don't get transmitted to any midi device. However if i click on them they do get transmitted and sound. Automation keeps working on my FW1884 which is in HUI mode.
I can also input midi notes.............. just the recorded midi notes don't get transmitted.

I spend days testing with varias setups. Solution to the problem is not select the FW1884 as HUI device.
If it happens, quiting protools and opening it up again.............. does not work if apple audio/midi core is open. It seems midi needs to restart.

So problem with tascam huh ? Well not really because in TIGER it all works, not a problem.

So what cause these midi errors ? Apple Midi core ?

Digi ? Anyone ?
And no lame excuses with re-install system etc.... look at troubleshooting page...
i`ve been there and done that and how many times can DIGI suggest re-installing the system !

and for the smart people that might reply, it works in tiger so use that version ! I have my reasons and besides neglecting a problem is not a solution if it suddenly isn't there anymore.......... the cause is important so it might not end up in the future !
Politics might learn from that advice also.