Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2023, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Pop/Click Every 5 Seconds After Bounce

Anytime a noise occurs on an exact time basis(such as "every 5 seconds"), I immediately suspect one of 2 things:
1-a plugin running in "demo" mode. Does it happen with the transport stopped? If so, watch track meters to see which tracks show a reading when the noise occurs and check any plugins on that track(or tracks)
2-a clocking problem. What exact interface are you using and do you have anything connected to it via a digital connection(SPDIF or ADAT)?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwicklen View Post
8.0.5 le
Hardware interfaces? 002, 003 or some type of Mbox? PT8le is still tied to Digidesign hardware only.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 11-20-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Gotcha, just make sure you are looking at exactly the source you are bouncing, folks sometimes accidentally bounce something else than they are listening to on the monitors, it might have other hidden tracks in it etc.
Yeah, I have tried literally everything. I have tried to disable tracks, disable plugins, import to another new session and no matter what this session keeps the "blips". If I create a new session from a template of that session and record just some vocal audio, it doesn't blip, but as soon as I put all tracks back, it starts blipping again every 5 seconds on the dot. My CPU and all resources are no problem. It's not on a single track, it blips the whole track at the 5 second mark. It subtle but very noticeable also. It sometimes presents as a blip, sometimes a pop and sometimes like a drop of sound for a millasecond. No matter what I do, it's still there...
Old 11-20-2023, 02:15 PM

Again, a plugin may be in a demo mode. Try disabling everything and bounce without plugins. Still clicking?
Old 11-20-2023, 02:16 PM

If it doesn't click on playback, you could also print-to-track instead of bouncing.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:17 PM

So, this will sound strange, but after much testing alllll day long, I fixed it, but it took several things. First, I had to create a new session and import all tracks into that session. Then, I had to remove the Short Delay on my vocal bus. Then, I bounced to a name of Test.wav. This all worked. Now, I wanted to see if I could remove the Short Delay (Digidesign built in with 8) from the original session and test, but it still presented the problem. So, then I tried to create a new session and import sessions but whenever I tried to bounce to the original named song.wav, it kept presenting the problem. I now have a completely new session, without the Short Delay and bouncing to a different wav file name and it works. I know this all sounds very odd, but trust me, I've tested so many different ways to make this work and this seems to be the only way that it worked. Unfortunately, it will bother my OCD as now I have the song named with TEST at the end of it...but if it fixes the problem at this point, I don't care what it's named! Thanks for any of you that chimed in to assist!
Old 12-04-2023, 08:04 AM

Update to this one... very interesting, in the new session that has been working when bouncing to a specifically named file of Song New 2.wav, I tried to then bounce to a different name, Song 3.wav and the problem came back!!! If I then, bounce back to the name Song New 2.wav, it is fine again. This makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. I am at a complete loss here. I can continue to name the file the way it works, but being an IT person in my day job, this makes absolutely no sense.