Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2023, 04:51 PM

Default Avid Control faders and meters sluggish/intermittent

Using Avid Control on iPad Pro 2nd gen (latest iOS) via Wifi to PT Ultimate (2022.12) on a Mac Pro 7,1 (latest Monterey)

Faders will ‘catch’ while trying to do smooth movements then jump an inch or so. It’s wonky on the app side too not just in PT.

Meters have the same behavior where they update intermittently.

Network is 5 ghz with full/strong signal and nothing else using it simultaneously. No QoS enabled.

Happens in a brand new project with 1 channel, so it’s not overloaded.

Logic Remote Control app on the same iPad has no issues controlling Logic on the same Mac Pro without sluggishness.

Ideas?
Old 02-19-2023, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Avid Control faders and meters sluggish/intermittent

bumping this… i can’t be the only one?

guess i’ll make a support ticket if this goes nowhere.
Old 02-20-2023, 07:21 AM

I've seen this in a crowded studio with a ton of RF interference making the Wi-Fi wonky. You could try running the iPad on ethernet, but that doesn't explain why Logic is working well.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
bumping this… i can’t be the only one?

guess i’ll make a support ticket if this goes nowhere.
You aren't the only one. New Eucon is buggy. I have had the meters disappear and then reappear the next day. Nothing changed in my setup, same wifi network too. I have also had the faders on the Control App have massive lag. Next day it's fine. I cannot get these issues to repeat.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 02-21-2023, 09:49 AM
Avid

Nothing has changed in this area of code and these symptoms point to network related. If it was a bug in the software then I would expect 100's of posts about it. (FYI comparing the Logic App is not a true comparison as the EUCON protocol requirements are night and day)

If you Collect the logs and send me a link to download them we can take a look to see if this is the case or now.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Nothing has changed in this area of code and these symptoms point to network related. If it was a bug in the software then I would expect 100's of posts about it. (FYI comparing the Logic App is not a true comparison as the EUCON protocol requirements are night and day)

If you Collect the logs and send me a link to download them we can take a look to see if this is the case or now.
Hey guys, one of the rooms in the nine room facility at work on fast. Intermittent issues both on the iPad and on S3 and Dock surfaces. Screens, kind of flashing on the iPad and Feder is going up and down in LEDs on and off. It's almost like it's net work or conflict and it's on everything connected to Eucon. The Eucon network is seperate from IOT and general production like our other rooms.

Could a program like ChronoSync or other be interrupting things?

PT 2023.12 Ult
Eucon 2023.11
Mac Os Monterey
Intel Mac Pro Tower w/128GB Ram
S6 32 fader 2022.9