Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Default Where is Quicktime / PT-LE compatibility data?

I don't know if I'm the only person who's experienced this, but on the old Digidesign web site it was easy to find out which version of Quicktime was compatible with whatever version of PT-LE you were installing (and you had the same situation with all other compatibility data for Pro Tools); but on the new Avid Audio site I can't seem to find the Quicktime details anywhere. Is it just me, or have Avid 'improved' the web site and therefore made it worse? Could somebody provide a link to what I need? I'm currently using PT-LE 8.0 with Leopard. I intend to switch to Snow Leopard shortly, and I've had problems in the past with Pro Tools and its Quicktime compatibility; also with other Apple software updates.

Incidentally, I read somewhere this week (it might even have been on this forum) about somebody even having to be careful which version of I-Tunes they have installed while running Pro Tools on a Mac. Can that really be the case?!

Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Where is Quicktime / PT-LE compatibility data?

Digidesign's old website said that PT 8 is compatible and tested with Quicktime 7.5.5. I sould add that I genarally install it in OSX 10.5.8. But now my issue is that what vesion of Quicktime is compatible with PT 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 on OSX 10.6.3.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Where is Quicktime / PT-LE compatibility data?

7.6.6 has worked fine for me through all versions of Snow Leopard and PTLE 8.x. Haven't heard of any iTunes versions clashing with PT, I've never had any issues.