Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2016, 02:19 PM

Default Eleven Rack Editor & PT 12.4 oddness...

Curious if anyone else is seeing this...

I'm running as follows:

OSX v10.10.5
PT v12.4
11R driver v1.2.5
11R editor v1.00

I can open the 11R editor just fine as a stand-alone app, but if I try to open it from the "Window" pull-down from inside PT 12.4, I get a dialog that says the editor is not installed. I recall this method of invoking the editor working as advertised before PT 12.4. I've tried several uninstall/re-install cycles of the editor as prompted by the PT dialog, but it still behaves the same way for both old as well as new sessions. When I open the "Window" pull-down, there is a bold dash (rather than an expected check mark) in front of the "Eleven Rack" which appears at the very bottom of the element array.

I can certainly work around this (invoking manually), but the erroneous error dialog is a tad irritating.

Am I missing something? I have yet to find this behavior mentioned here on the DUC, but I confess that I got tired of looking - and it IS a bit of a minor nit. The 11R's interfaces are showing up correctly under PT's I/O configuration, and they work just fine under my aggregate device.

FWIW - I haven't tried the new 11R driver (v1.2.8) yet as I have no intention to move to El Capitan for the near future. I'm very glad Avid has released the new driver (!!), but as of yet, I can't tell if using the v1.2.8 driver will buy me anything without being on El Capitan.

NL

Last edited by Noiselab; 01-16-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Language clarity
Old 01-16-2016, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor & PT 12.4 oddness...

OK, I just figured out the dash versus check usage - very clever (and somewhat subtle!). The dash indicates that the window so marked does not have focus - the the check indicates current focus. Ipso-facto: The 11R editor will NEVER have focus from PT's perspective since it's no longer part of the PT app.

To validate this, I switched focus between the Mix and Edit windows and watched the dash and check mark swap places.

Cool, I solved that question. And I just learned something new about PT! But it still doesn't explain why I'm getting the error dialog when trying to invoke the 11R editor from inside PT...

NL