Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2008, 04:12 PM

Default First Weekend on Profile - questions/problems

Hey all - just had my first weekend on the Profile with Mix rack in our services. What a difference the console made!! Awesome!
I just had one question and one problem. I wont have time to call in the problem this week, so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

The question is: Is there a way to change the pre/post states of an aux on the control surface (profile)? I can obviously do this on screen with my mouse, but I don't see anything on the control surface to do it.

The problem is: fader 5 on my output section seems to be intermittent. I will be adjusting something in the Matrix section, and turn back to VCA's, and the screen above the VCA will read "OFF." The buttons work, select, solo and off, but the fader doesn't seem to want to do anything. Then try and switch to another output section: aux, PQ, VCA, and nothing. Then it will randomly start working again fine. After church, I turned the rack off, and ran the diagnostics on the control surface. Sure enough, when running the fader diagnostics, it chose not to work. I went through a few of the different fader tests and it was pretty much dead. Then I ran the "Manual" fader check, and ran the fader up and down the numbers above were working. Then I went back to something like the sine wave, and it would work, then stop. By the time I was done testing, it was working again. My fear is that I will be in the middle of service and it will stop working again. Is there something I can do to try and fix this, or will I have to send the surface back? It is brand new, just installed it this week.

Thanks again. This is a really great product, and I know I will enjoy working with it for a long time.

Brian Webber
First Covenant Church
Sacramento, CA
Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Avid

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting about your first experiences. Glad to hear it made a difference.
Quote:
The question is: Is there a way to change the pre/post states of an aux on the control surface (profile)? I can obviously do this on screen with my mouse, but I don't see anything on the control surface to do it.
The pre/post buttons are accessible via the software interface only, with the reasoning being that these are largely "set and forget" controls in most cases.

Now, to address the fader issue...
Quote:
The problem is: fader 5 on my output section seems to be intermittent.
This sounds like a faulty fader. I'm sorry you ran across this on a fairly new unit - it's rare but sometimes these things happen. Contact Digi Customer Service and they can arrange a replacement fader, which you'll be able to install yourself. There's no need to ship the entire console back.
Quote:
My fear is that I will be in the middle of service and it will stop working again.
If the fader does stop working again you should still be able to adjust the on screen fader using a mouse/trackball.

Happy mixing!

Sheldon
Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 PM

I had a faulty fader as well. Just call digi support and they'll mail you one overnight. You can install it quite easily, and you problem will likely disappear.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Yep, I called on monday, the new fader came in on tuesday and all is well now. Thanks Digi.
Sacramento, CA