Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 03:25 PM

Default Pro Tools HFS+ / Macdrive Error "Not a valid Audio volume for recording"

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=258001

I'm reposting that here, because theres only like 6 people who use HD on windows, and I'd like it to get a bit more traffic (feel free to delete the other thread) so... anyways:

So, I try opening sessions on my HFS formatted disks only to get this error:

"This session is saved on a Macintosh HFS-formatted volume, and must be copied to a valid Windows volume to be opened."

Ive tried using Macdrive 8, and I've tried using the Macdrive HFS+ option in the PTHD installer, but with both, I still get this problem. I need to be able to read/write/record all from my HFS+ drives in Windows.

Also Ive tried changing the drives to record in the workspace but it says they are not valid audio record volumes. I have not had this problem before, with previous installs of windows. It allows me to record to my OSX boot drive (HFS+), but none of my other 3 harddrives that are HFS+.

Im on Vista x64, and also have this error on Windows 7 x64, and vista x86. I did not have this problem with XP Pro. Also, I've tried this using the digidesign's stripped version of HFS+ support from macdrive, and using Macdrive 8. I've also tried Run As Admin, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:35 PM

Smile Re: Pro Tools HFS+ / Macdrive Error "Not a valid Audio volume for recording"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaero View Post
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=258001

I'm reposting that here, because theres only like 6 people who use HD on windows, and I'd like it to get a bit more traffic (feel free to delete the other thread) so... anyways:

So, I try opening sessions on my HFS formatted disks only to get this error:

"This session is saved on a Macintosh HFS-formatted volume, and must be copied to a valid Windows volume to be opened."

Ive tried using Macdrive 8, and I've tried using the Macdrive HFS+ option in the PTHD installer, but with both, I still get this problem. I need to be able to read/write/record all from my HFS+ drives in Windows.

Also Ive tried changing the drives to record in the workspace but it says they are not valid audio record volumes. I have not had this problem before, with previous installs of windows. It allows me to record to my OSX boot drive (HFS+), but none of my other 3 harddrives that are HFS+.

Im on Vista x64, and also have this error on Windows 7 x64, and vista x86. I did not have this problem with XP Pro. Also, I've tried this using the digidesign's stripped version of HFS+ support from macdrive, and using Macdrive 8. I've also tried Run As Admin, etc.

Thanks in advance!

I've had this issue in Mac OS. Sometimes you can solve it by doing what you did, and tweaking the R/P settings in the workspace. But, if that doesn't work...

Quit PT. Go into EVERY drive connected to your system and find the "Digi databases" folder. Trash them all. Restart, launch pro tools. Before opening any sessions, go into workspace and then reset the problem drive to "R."

From what I recall, this fixed the problem every time. But, have a shot and see if it translates to Windows. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HFS+ / Macdrive Error "Not a valid Audio volume for recording"

Unfortunately that didn't help. What is absolutely BIZARRE is that one of the drives (my OSX boot drive) it works flawlessly on. I can record to that no issues. It has two partitions. XP and OSX though. (Bootcamp). All the other ones just have one partition. Hmmmmm.

I've never had this problem before with bootcamp. Im going to try again, with a fresh install of the OS, on its own dedicated harddrive. I guess its all I can do at this point.