Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2002, 06:49 AM

Default Producer BT did a video in this weeks Mac Addict of a dance remix, very cool!!!

Never even knew who he was but it is very interesting to say the least. He is working with reason and logic and he just cruises through the apps for 25 minutes. He has great advise and has a real nice studio from what i can tell. I guess this guys worked with Brittney Spears and NSync. He sure seems to be doing a lot of tweaking in Logic. Logic looks good but it just made no sense as you watch what he is doing. someone check this video out that is familiar with logic and let me know what he's doing. I wish I had a better view of his screen. it seems that there is alot they are lewaving out in between so maybe just watching and listening isnt enough. i never have been the best with working with samples and loops. Definately something I want to learn more about. Also... is there rewire support in Logic? He does some kind of REX bounce into logic. I wonder if that is so he can edit it and time stretch it there. I would have just worked it in Reason but he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. definatelty a smart cat and I want his job. He says the best thing a person going into this can do is to get a USB keyboard and a copy of Reason. Well said BT!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Producer BT did a video in this weeks Mac Addict of a dance remix, very cool!!!

is there somewhere to download the video? i can't find the issue at the local stores.
there are interviews w/ BT in this months EQ mag plus ive seen interviews in others as well. he produced 1 song for nsync (POP) and has scored numerous films (fast and furious, go , driven). His latest solo project is VERY cool( movements in still life )hes a freak w/ some of the stuff he does production wise.
iwould love to see the video!

[url=www.myspace.com/chuckbutlermusic[/url]
Old 06-03-2002, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Producer BT did a video in this weeks Mac Addict of a dance remix, very cool!!!

It's a little large to email but let me check when i get home. i got this months mac addict at the local super market. the videos called BT: lost footage.

He is sooo right about working on things like this alone. i simply can not work with some idiot going... what cha doing now?, what cha doing now? even though thats exactly what i would be saying.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:20 AM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

Yes! Go ckerian, give us the link. Would love to see this..!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:41 AM

You would think Macaddict.com would have it. It is kinda big so i dont know if I'll be able to fit it on the web. When I get home i'll check.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:50 AM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

Cool. I looked at MacAddict.com, but couldn't find it...just a reference to it....
Old 06-03-2002, 09:54 AM

Yea.

BT is a big name now. Hes been profiled in most of the industry magazines for the last couple of years now. His 'home' studio, here in L.A., is quite impressive.

Kind of hate him for it.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:50 PM

I think you just explained it. he is editing everything. I need to watch this thing again. i wish I was more familiar with Logic. His attitude is cool too. he has that 'cool and depressed' attitude while still being positive.

I was messing with reason last night and called up some loops in Rex and couldnt figure it out... I could play the KB and sounds would emit but where are the loops? i looked down at the sequecer track and the loops where there but just wouldnt play.. are these rex 'loop's just midi loops? I thought rex was an actual sampler that played sampled loops. My tweaking and playing with reason hasnt extended much beyond the matrix sequencer and redrum (with the synths).
Old 06-03-2002, 01:54 PM

ckerian, for this particular application in Logic, all you have to be familiar with is the sample editor. Read that particular chapter from the Manual, and you'll be flying editing the sh*t out of everything.

One thing I love in Logic vs in PT, is that you can edit the start and end time of your region while still looking at what's before the start and what's after the end.

6am eternal
Old 06-03-2002, 02:04 PM

yeah but I dont have logic. haha...

so.. basically he creates the loop in reason.. exports it as a audio file.. then breaks down each element of the beat into seperate regions he then cleans up in logic? I guess that makes sense but wouldnt it be easier to work with em as midi in Logic as opposed to audio files that were rendered from midi in reason? help me understand.