Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Default Installation Issues

I recently purchased an MBox 2 Mini and have been having all kinds of problems with installing it. First, when I installed it, each process was taking way too long to load (about 5-7 minutes per pdf file, I don't think I actually even got to the program itself). After about 3 hours of waiting, I came to the conclusion that something wasn't right and decided to start over. Here's where it became the bein of my existance.

I was unable to install PT, as I apparently already have a non-functional version of Pro Tools installed on my computer. After locating the cursed program, I attemped to unstall it. When I started over a message came up stating that THE PROGRAM WAS STILL INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER!!! Sure enough, I checked the control pannel and found Pro Tools listed as one of my programs. I tried uninstalling the program 15-20 times using various methods (including Pro Tools Uninstaller, which I read about in a different thread) and still failed miserably.

I cannot even begin to describe how much ANY help would be apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have finally managed to uninstall the program, but was once again unsuccesfull in re-installing it.

Specs:
Computer: Dell Inspiron 545
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Hardware: MBox 2 Mini
Ram: 8.00 GB
Other attatched hardware: Mouse, Monitor
Trouble shooting attempts: I tried installing the program using two different sets of instructions (one, by connecting the hardware as digidesign instructs, the other by not connecting the hardware, as a thread on this site suggests). Both times, the installation would run smoothly for the first tenth or so of the installation, then it would get stuck, completing one installation feature about every ten minutes. I was finally able to uninstall the program by restoring the system to before I installed it.

Sandra Report:
It seems I am unable to do a Sandra report on my computer as when I try to, this message comes up:
Error E8112: Generic error.

Fix: This is an unexpected error thus no further information is available.

Last edited by mccabe24; 03-20-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added Sandra Report and Specs
Old 03-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Installation Issues

Hey McCabe, you're not in NoHo are you? If so, I could come by and help you. If not you'll probably have to do the Sandra Report thingie.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM

Many if not all of us on this forum are happy to help as much as we can. To start, please provide us with the type and model. Better yet Start Here to get you started and provide us with a sandra report by downloading Here
This info will help us out alot.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Sorry, I do not beleive I am in NoHo, and I have no clue what that means. For some reason my computer wouldn*t run the Sandra report thing. I have posted my specs in the first post. Once again, thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM

It's OK, NoHo is just a fancy nic-name for North Hollywood. I know a McCabe there. As far as your problem goes I'm sorry, Win 7 is untested waters for me. But I don't believe you've mentioned what ver PT you're trying to install and I think you'll need 8.03 with the cs4 driver. Try this.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=263579
Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 AM

We really do need more info on your computer and OS.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com