Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Question about selling PTHD license with TDM cards

Earlier this year I sold a used HD Native card on eBay and included the PTHD9 software in the purchase. Unfortunately when it came time to send the buyer his product, I learned that the PTHD9 license was non-transferrable to another iLok.com account, so after a good week of phone calls with Avid registration support, I ended up sending a physical iLok to the buyer with the license on it, and since the iLok had to be registered to my iLok.com account in order to accept the license, the poor guy is stuck an iLok with a single license on it that he can't register to his iLok account or add anything else to.

Now I'm getting ready to sell my HD3 PCIe rig and would like to know what the correct procedure is for dealing with the PTHD9 bundle iLok asset(s). Is there now a system in place to allow me to transfer PTHD licenses to the new user's iLok account? The licenses still show up on iLok.com as non-transferrable, but I know people who have purchased PTHD licenses recently on ebay so somehow they must be a way to move them. Or should I just sell the cards w/o the software to save headaches?