Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2023, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Avid Control Frequently Disconnecting with Silicon Macs

i have since years never ever had a single day without softkey or tablet dropout.

Sometimes all is fine for hours, sometimes it takes couple of minutes till the next trouble…

i am on Mac, cubase pro 12, tablets and all are wired, no wireless etc. I got used to it but still super embarrassing when a client is there!!!

feel like a broken record posting the same stuff since years but i think best i can do is, keep on posting till there is a solution.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Just wanted to follow back up on this thread since the problem has been fixed for me thanks to some help from EddieJones. I am now running the eucontrol app in Rosetta mode on my Mac, and the issues have completely went away.

Find eucontrol in your Applications folder, right click, and hit "get info". Click on the option to "Open in Rosetta". Then restart eucontrol .

From what I can tell, there's no difference in my system's performance from running this in Rosetta. Just a massive improvement in stability.
This seems to have made a dramatic improvement for me. The constant dropouts and freezing, which necessitated quitting and relaunching the Control app on my iPad (Dock) and 3 x Fire 10 HD (S1s), have lessened considerably, if not stopped altogether. I'll keep an eye on it, but this is very encouraging!
Old 02-22-2023, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Just wanted to follow back up on this thread since the problem has been fixed for me thanks to some help from EddieJones. I am now running the eucontrol app in Rosetta mode on my Mac, and the issues have completely went away.

Find eucontrol in your Applications folder, right click, and hit "get info". Click on the option to "Open in Rosetta". Then restart eucontrol .

From what I can tell, there's no difference in my system's performance from running this in Rosetta. Just a massive improvement in stability.
Tried this today and can report that I got through the entire day with out a single disconnection!

Thank you audiogamble for sharing your fix. Not sure why EddieJones didn't share the solution publicly so that the rest of us could benefit 🤔

I'll report back if I have any further issues, but fingers crossed it's a long term solution 🤞
Old 03-02-2023, 04:55 PM

The whole system is way more responsive over here actually. Automation is smoother on the S1, and the meters on the iPad are much more smooth looking. Before the change to rosetta, the meters appeared to be at a really low frame rate on the iPad and I just assumed this was normal.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:54 AM
Avid

We have the fix for running in native in beta now and its looking good. Planning on releasing 22.12.1 early next week
Old 03-03-2023, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We have the fix for running in native in beta now and its looking good. Planning on releasing 22.12.1 early next week

You rock. Thanks for patching this up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2023, 08:46 AM

Great! Will test in the coming days.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:04 AM

Thank you for sharing this!! I Bought a new avid dock last month and spent 3 weeks stressing out on why it wouldn't work on my new m2 mbp. I co tasted avid and was given zero help and since I have been forced to work mostly in Rosetta on pro tools and have been having to juggle my workload to be able to use my new dock. And all this time all I had to do was select rosetta for eucontrol?? I had no idea that was even an option... Avid really needs to get their $*,t together because there is no excuse for them not to have the solution for this in the manual or at least in the FAQs. I have wasted so much valuable time mutilating my projects to be able to work around this issue and all along there was a simple solution that avid for some reason kept quiet about... This is such a shock to me that I kinda don't even want to try it. The dock for me is already a symbol of anger and stress. To plug in it and hope it connects one more time would bum me out. Not to mention having to go thru and undo all the stupid things I have done to my projects to get them to run native... I might need a bottle of scotch just to keep my sanity

Thank you Audiogamble for sharing the fix. And thanks Eddie for all that you do. I Read several threads where u put in major efforts to help others last month while pulling my hair out trying to connect my dock but I didn't see my issue addressed. ..wish I had been stress free enough to just sit back and read until I found something..
Old 05-15-2023, 08:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Coil View Post
Avid really needs to get their $*,t together because there is no excuse for them not to have the solution for this in the manual or at least in the FAQs. And all this time all I had to do was select rosetta for eucontrol?
Unfortunately, this was a bug so we didn't know about it to put in the guides. I asked people to try Rosetta as a hunch and luckily it worked, we then got engineers on to it and released a fix. I don't want to directly blame Apple for this one, but with all the other changes and bugs they introduce(every dot release) it means we are forever chasing them.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:11 PM

Its all good eddie. I tried it out and now have my dock up and running full time now. Its nice to be able to use my dock and have access to all of my plugins at the same time! I'm sure everyone here can imagine how frustrating it would be to only be able to use a new surface or use plugins but not both at the same time. Especially when I have yet to develop a workflow on my new dock. My lack of experience with control surfaces in general played a big part in my problem with setting up my dock. And i had no idea rosetta could be used with anything besides pro tools. Next time i can't figure something out with PT i will use this forum. I usually avoid that and just try and figure it out on my own. But just to avoid any more setbacks I'm going to switch things up when needed. Thanks again Eddie!