Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2023, 04:08 PM

Default Cubase Pro 12 - Automation Mode - Dock - Bugs

When Eucon is set to "Automation mode buttons follows dock track"
touch, latch, touch-latch (in my case programmed as crossover automation)
they all stop working. Regardless if they are programmed as Key or Eucon commands.

They don't change the automation mode in Cubase but activate read/write for the selected track.

If i set the automation mode buttons NOT to follow dock track in Eucon settings, they start working but still the lights on dock buttons are not syncing with Cubase and not indicating which automation mode is choosen.

Another point, why do we need an OFF button (loosing a button/function) and why can't we deactivate WRITE by just repressing it. When read/write are active, pressing READ again deactivates WRITE. So why pressing WRITE again does not deactivate it. Same for read, activation/deactivation should be done with the same button...if possible.

And can we have under REC/AUTO SWITCH tab and option for REC/Automation Read-write+shift (as it was before the last update).

add on: i would much prefer all works as intended when automation mode is set to follow dock track. the other option is only confusing with cubase...dock shows one track as selected, and buttons work for another track choosen with mouse in cubase....i don't know for what that option can be good for (at least in Cubase)

Last edited by anason-records; 02-07-2023 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:08 PM
Avid

Default Re: Cubase Pro 12 - Automation Mode - Dock - Bugs

I just tested this in N11 and they are working for me. Remember this is all programmed by Steinberg not Avid so posting on their forum as well will help.
In Track mode the write/read and off do that. In global mode(softkeys) I programed in the EUCON commands, and they work with feedback.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I just tested this in N11 and they are working for me. Remember this is all programmed by Steinberg not Avid so posting on their forum as well will help.
In Track mode the write/read and off do that. In global mode(softkeys) I programed in the EUCON commands, and they work with feedback.
Can a cubase 12 pro user or a beta tester double check this before i write to steinberg today, so i know if its a bug or just on my system.

Last edited by anason-records; 02-08-2023 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:06 AM

Reported it to Steinberg. By the way i programmed Softkeys on my S1 as Touch, Latch, Crossover...These work and change the automation in Cubase.

The buttons on dock have the same Eucon Command programming as those S1 Softkeys, but those don't work, do nothing beside activating READ/WRITE for the selected channel. (when Dock is set to "Automation mode buttons follow Dock Track)

And on this forum, i feel sometimes like i am the only Cubase user who has Avid Dock and S1 on world
Old 02-09-2023, 09:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anason-records View Post
Reported it to Steinberg. By the way i programmed Softkeys on my S1 as Touch, Latch, Crossover...These work and change the automation in Cubase.

The buttons on dock have the same Eucon Command programming as those S1 Softkeys, but those don't work, do nothing beside activating READ/WRITE for the selected channel. (when Dock is set to "Automation mode buttons follow Dock Track)

And on this forum, i feel sometimes like i am the only Cubase user who has Avid Dock and S1 on world
That is because you have the pref for those Dock buttons to follow the track. if you want them to be global turn it off. This is a feature.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:30 PM

i am trying to understand, automation mode is global in cubase. It is either set to Touch, Latch or Crossover for every track. It is not track based.

I want the write/read on dock to follow the selected track and still why can we not choose the mode? Why does "touch, latch" buttons all of a sudden stop working as programmed and instead they activate READ/Write...i am trying the understand the logic/thought behind why it is made this way. There are Read/Write buttons for that purpose. And an OFF button, which i question(ed) also.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
i am trying to understand, automation mode is global in cubase. It is either set to Touch, Latch or Crossover for every track. It is not track based.

I want the write/read on dock to follow the selected track and still why can we not choose the mode? Why does "touch, latch" buttons all of a sudden stop working as programmed and instead they activate READ/Write...i am trying the understand the logic/thought behind why it is made this way. There are Read/Write buttons for that purpose. And an OFF button, which i question(ed) also.
The pref is there so you can change the way it works. Its an either or. If you want to use those buttons for the track set it that way, if you want to use them for the global modes then set it that way. you can always add/modify the appset further to your liking. Maybe I don't understand the request and if so please try to spell out exactly what you are trying to achieve.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:29 AM

my apologies if my post is not clear enough. i will try to simplfy:

I like the feature “automation buttons follow dock track.” but i don’t understand why do my “touch” and “latch” buttons HAVE TO stop working when i set automation buttons to follow dock track? Automation mode is not track based, its global in cubase.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
my apologies if my post is not clear enough. i will try to simplfy:

I like the feature “automation buttons follow dock track.” but i don’t understand why do my “touch” and “latch” buttons HAVE TO stop working when i set automation buttons to follow dock track? Automation mode is not track based, its global in cubase.
Thats easy then, because this was based of Pro Tools many track automation commands.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:04 AM

what does “thats easy than.” mean? is this a bug in this case, does it need to
be fixed? or is there anything i can do to come around it and get “touch” “latch” etc to work when automation buttons follow dock track?